Understanding Moitors

ivangela

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a 24" 1920x1080 and it looks really nice to me. I don't see any issues you guys mentioned. Though, thinking of upgrading so I can give it to my wife who is just getting started with the computer I built her...

I am looking at upgrading as well, but I am thinking about waiting until the 4K monitors start coming out.

Wow, thanks for the info all.

Basically all's good on larger screens unless you're too close...at least that is what I am taking away from all this :wacko:

Oh and you'll be waiting a long time for the 4K monitors unless you're really wealthy :vmad:

Wow, thanks for the info all.

Basically all's good on larger screens unless you're too close...at least that is what I am taking away from all this :wacko:

Oh and you'll be waiting a long time for the 4K monitors unless you're really wealthy :vmad:

Middle of next year. The way I figure it is that maxwell GPUs will support the higher resolution.

That tells me that everyone has their own unique experience with different images. So the main point that I hope you won't deviate from again...is that everyone's experience with a screen will be slightly different.

Agreed. I don't think you can make a good judgement on the issue without using a large format display though. :P

Agreed. I don't think you can make a good judgement on the issue without using a large format display though. :P

We have one for tv in the family room. It is an LCD display 1920x1080p 60hz and while it isn't top quality, it is fairly decent for watching movies and playing my PS3 when I have friends over.

Is it as good as my samsung monitor...no. Even at 9ish feet away I can still see issues with the screen. It isn't so much of a screen door effect, but more like jagged edging.

You bump the resolution up to 2560x1440 and it becomes hard for me to see, but I can still see it. (That is the main reason I am hesitant about buying a catleap monitor)

At 2560x1600 it is almost impossible for me to tell. I have to sit there an stare at the screen to try and find an issue.

Now oddly enough, there is a plasma screen at best buy that is 55 inches with 1920x1080 resolution that looks pretty darn good sitting at a decent distance. There is also a samsung LED 3d super slim 55 inch screen that looks amazing, but I hate the way that LED over saturates colors. Again though that is my personal preference.