CM 690 Airflow Setup

satuesde

Ok. I thought that negative air pressure creates problem in CPU air cooling by creating the comparatively low pressure and thus presence of air. :dunno:

Not it looks like my assumption was wrong.

It matters only a degree or two though :P

Red did a bit of testing in his aircooled quadfire rigs where every degree counted and found each time he could shave a couple of degrees with negative air pressure setups.

My last case was a stacker 810 that I modded with 3 fans on top for my radiator. With 2 intake fans in back, 2 intake fans in front and 3 exhaust on top all on a fan controller I was able to change from positive to negative air pressure instantly. I saw hardly any change at all so I left it on positive to make it collect dust slower. The main thing you don't want is dead spots where there's no air movement around the main components.

I think a lot depends on the ambient temps, if the room where you have the pc is hot you end up sucking in hotter air than the pc is blowing out.

Good point here...

Last weekend I bought some Corsair SP 120 High Perf Edition Fans for configuration experiment.

I went with solution no 2 on the diagram and managed to decrease ~3C on average.. During Prime Test most of the time it's about ~57C..