New Monitor

flareback

Okay so I need a new monitor. I had a dual monitor setup. The secondary one start having some lines going through it so I switched to just one monitor. Then my primary monitor had the menu come up where you can change the brightness and contrast. It kept moving between them really fast like the button was being held down and it won't go away. So now I need a new monitor.

I'm looking for somewhere in the neighborhood of 21". My budget per my wife is "whatever think is a good use of our money". Oh I could have fun with that but lets keep it reasonable say $200. I'm not planning on doing dual monitor right now as I'll probably moving in a few months and I don't want to have to move anything extra at this point.

edit:

I haven't been keeping up with the technology in monitors lately. anything I should look for or avoid? Those sorts of ideas are always appreciated.

Edited by flareback

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are some monitors I'd recommend in that size and price range.

Dell S2230MX

LG E2242T-BN

ASUS VW228TLB

ASUS VS229H-P - IPS panel so the colors will look pretty great

Samsung S22B300B

All of them are 1920x1080 and LED backlit, so the energy cost and heat output will both be pretty low.

There are also some 23" models under $200, if you'd like to consider those as well.

I see a '2' in front of those other unimportant numbers :rolleyes: (plus THE STEPUP over the other choices lol)

You sound like my wife. "I don't know it was 2 something" Then I look and it's $299. She does that sometimes.

Would a 24 inch monitor be acceptable?

My neighbor just got an asus one and I have to say it is a pretty nice monitor. Very nice image quality, size, and we got it for 190.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236153

For 180 bucks (sale ends on the 16th) You really can't loose.

You sound like my wife. "I don't know it was 2 something" Then I look and it's $299. She does that sometimes.

Turn the tables and walk away with the BEST upgrade you'll ever see for that extra ~$100

As nice as it sounds, I don't know if I would get a Korean monitor without the pixel perfect guarantee. The one IVI linked is almost guaranteeing there will be at least one dead pixel...look down in the description.