PC Glasses

Shurman292

I'm working at an IT rotation currently (yes I know, pharmacy and IT don't normally go together well, but this rotation is pretty sweet!) and sit staring at a monitor for 6-8 hours a day. My eyes get a little fuzzy after a while, and they just seem to get lazy. I don't get headaches from staring at monitors, but then again I've never had a headache period.

Anyways, I was wondering if any of you have had experience with any glasses specifically designed for alleviating this problem. I'm not sure whether I buy into the fact that they are supposed to reduce eye strain and fatigue. However, my 20/20 vision is something I would like to protect at all costs, and the $40 that something like these would cost seems worth it if they actually work.

I've never heard of f.lux before, but I will definitely give it a shot on my home computer. Unfortunately though, I can't install programs on the work computers :(

Oh, well that stinks. Then yeah, the PC glasses may be a good thing to look in to.

If I need to write a large term paper or something like that I just put on a pair of cheap pair of yellow tinted safety glasses from lowes or home depot. Granted they aren't as fancy as the gunnar glasses, but they do the exact same job for a whole lot less.

The only issue is...well....everything turns yellow :lol:

Lvlcap is a bf3 youtube person and he wears gunnar glasses i believe and has said that they help him a bunch since he spends 3 or 4 hours playing BF3 then another 8 to 10 hours editing and rendering his vids for youtube. 6 to 7 days a week

Just downloaded f.lux. This will take some getting used to.

That it does. I have the change happen gradually, but even still you can notice it at first. It does seem to help though.

Thanks for your input guys, I am strongly considering getting a pair though I don't know which kind. I like the look of the GUNNARs but not particularly the yellowish tint. I don't want to look like a complete nerd at work since I have to be dressed professionally. I am wondering though if the yellow tint is what helps so much (compared to the pair I linked in the first post).

Thanks for your input guys, I am strongly considering getting a pair though I don't know which kind. I like the look of the GUNNARs but not particularly the yellowish tint. I don't want to look like a complete nerd at work since I have to be dressed professionally. I am wondering though if the yellow tint is what helps so much (compared to the pair I linked in the first post).

The yellow tint is what helps but it doesn't turn everything yellow. It's hard to describe. I know bestbuy had a display you can try them out at.