Just installed F.lux, should be interesting. :D

I normally use Stylish, addon for Firefox, to help with eye strain. It allows the user to set a custom look to any website, I usually take most any all white websites I visit often and apply black or dark blue backgrounds to them, like Youtube or Wikipedia. One of the things I love about OCC, it has a good look by default. :D

If I need to write a large term paper or something like that I just put on a pair of cheap pair of yellow tinted safety glasses from lowes or home depot. Granted they aren't as fancy as the gunnar glasses, but they do the exact same job for a whole lot less.

The only issue is...well....everything turns yellow :lol:

I got a cheap pair of gunnar from a woot sale, and later found they were $20 on a best buy sale O_o. The funny part is your brain just normalizes the colors for the yellow tint while focused on the screen so if your concentrating on anything but the colors, you don't notice, but it's not that you can't think about it and instantly go, 'oh yeah'. It also breaks the illusion when you look away from the screen. The other bonus is the +.2 diopter so the screen 'grows' and it makes it easier to focus on limited area like the screen. I normally need glasses but I'm near sighted and the end up better than my regular glasses at monitor distance, just don't be trying to build model Gundams or anything requiring good depth perception.

Go and see an optician if you're that concerned. I did and whilst my eyesight is good I ended up getting some 1.74 prescription glasses to help with the eyestrain. I still get it occassionally but nowhere near as bad as I did - my biggest problem is remembering to take eye breaks.