PC Build Images

My_Inner_Fred

Woah, wait a sec. I thought you were getting 75 C when overclocked...if that's stock something isn't right. You shouldn't even be breaking 60 C at stock speeds with an H70 even with a 30 C room temp...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do note that the room temperature is quite high any. Its always around 82F to 84F sometimes higher so that does play a large role in the temperatures. My guess is the reviewers have around 70-74F room temperature.

I get close to 55C - 60C when I'm only using around 50% of the cpu. Not overclocked I get around 47C - 54C around 50% usage, 75C is the highest it gets when I'm running stock with 100% load.

Overclocked to 4.5ghz I get around 79C - 85C on max load, thats too hight for my liking. I have seen 98C as the peak with 4.75Ghz and thats border lining the danger zone for temps.

EDIT: Forgot to state I changed the command rate to 1T and it seems stable in the stress testing. The 1866Mhz ram set is underclocked pretty well and my 1600Mhz set is performing below advertised timings at the moment I'll steadily raise them and test for stability.

.....yeahhhhhh. 75C at full load on stock settings? There is definitely something wrong then. I was under the impression that it was 75C at full load when overclocked.

Woah, wait a sec. I thought you were getting 75 C when overclocked...if that's stock something isn't right. You shouldn't even be breaking 60 C at stock speeds with an H70 even with a 30 C room temp...

Oh yeah about that I was at work when I made that prediction so I probably got that info wrong. What I just posted not to long ago is the correct temps I'm getting at said speeds.

I can reapply the TIM and reseat the Heatsink to see if it makes a difference or not but I doubt it'll do anything. Any suggestions?

Dude...I can't hold 68 C on Prime95 in a warm room this summer. I've got dual 360mm radiators. I think you're either holding the 212 with way too much respect or you've been misled by improperly performed tests.

And once again, he has an H70, not the better-performing H80.

I was under the impression that the H70 was essentially the same cooler as an H80 without stock fans so that you could buy your own? At least that is what the product page on newegg says :dunno:

And no the hyper 212+ evo seems to actually have very good delta temps. I have been doing a lot of reading a research about coolers because I have a feeling that this thread is going to turn into a massive argument, and I need to know a lot about this crap before I post :P . On average the hyper 212+ at 1.4v seems to have a 50-54C delta temperature running at 4.8 ghz. At least that is what I gather from looking at a few testimonies. Some deltas were as high as 58C and others were as low as 43C.

I am comparing that along with the OC3D review of the h80 on the 3960x to try and find a target temp for the OP. The guy hit 56C delta at 1.4v on a 6 core inferno chip. I don't think asking for a 40C delta temp on 2600K is too much to ask for. However, I do find it surprising that your WC loop gets that warm in the summer considering I found people who documented a freakishly low 35C delta. :erm:

Oh yeah about that I was at work when I made that prediction so I probably got that info wrong. What I just posted not to long ago is the correct temps I'm getting at said speeds.

I can reapply the TIM and reseat the Heatsink to see if it makes a difference or not but I doubt it'll do anything. Any suggestions?

What type of TIM are you using?

My room temp is 31 C. Water temps get up to 34 C or so...so 35 C over that is roughly my full load temp. :P

So my cooling is great...my house cooling is not (not cheaply anyway).

The stock Corsair fans are great - so anything less will compound temperature problems.

Fred - something is waaaaaay wrong with your temps. You're near stock cooler temps!

Their room temp must be ridiculously low... I've never had such low constant temps even with my C2D.

Errr the H70 I bought came with 2 Corsair fans and those 2 fans moved ALOT of air but they were loud as hell.... I have since replaced those 2 with quieter fans. NZXT 120mm stock fan that came with the case and a CM sickleflow 120mm(the one with a blue LED). The CM sickelflow one was taken off of my old Hyper 212(not the plus version).

Those fans may be your real problem. Have you tried running the stock corsair fans based on temperature using your motherboard?

Only used one of them for a couple of months I try using both of them for a while and see how how well they preform. I'm still at work at the moment though.

I have since replaced those 2 with quieter fans. NZXT 120mm stock fan that came with the case and a CM sickleflow 120mm(the one with a blue LED).

RIght there is the crux of your problem,

TIM I'm using is here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835233069

I got it for free with something I bought when I was building this PC.

Get some better fans (I would get some high performing fans that aren't quite as obnoxious as the stock corsair fans like some cougars or maybe even some gentle typhoons?) , and get some better TIM. That xigmatech stuff seems to be worse than Artic silver 5 which is not a very good TIM.....anymore.

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13343/thr-109/Phobya_HeGrease_Extreme_Thermal_Paste_-_35g.html?tl=g8c127s1493

This stuff seems to have very good benchmarking results according to skineelabs. It should be able to reduce your temps by a few degrees.