Do you hate your job?

InCrYsIs

Do you hate your job?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate your job?

I don't have a real job, because my visa doesn't permit me (yet) but I spend a bit of time removing viruses and stuff from computers. I ask $20 an hour, and $10 for friends and family. It's really fun, I get to talk while I work and I mostly sit around waiting for ancient computers to load. :lol:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually don't mind my job.

I work M-W and a lot of the time Thursday and Friday depending on what extra jobs there are to do.

All for the lovely wage of $0 an hour too.

;)

It sounds like you hate the people you work with more than your job itself. I know the feeling. :lol:

Yes that is true. Unfortunately I have to interface with them far too often. I like IT work. I do networking, PC, Server administration, Macs etc. So it varies from day to day. I mean these people are all scientists and have that I know more than you attitude. They may know more than me about Hydrogeology but they can't use Outlook without screwing it up and they certainly do not know how to fix it. They also have an elitist attitude which is tough to get around. "Oh I went to school for 10 years and I work 80 hours a week andonly get paid for 40 and when you make 200,000 a year and average it out withhtime it isn't what I should be getting"

Since I am writing this at work in between work. Another thing that gets under my skin: The business hours are 8-5 M-F. I work those hours. My boss comes in 11:30 on a good day but can be counted on to show up at 1 when half my day is over. Comes in and barks things at 3 and 4 oclock when the day is winding down. The sad part is we have a CIO which is his boss and he is completely oblivious to any of this. The CIO is located at our Reno campus. "Out of sight out of mind"

Edited by InCrYsIs

I use to do IT work at a computer repair shop. My co-worker is only there to fix phones and stuff. I basically ran the business for my boss but I was getting underpaid to the point the money I made barely covered the costs of driving there and paying for food... so I quit....

Now I work as a IBO(Independent Business Owner) from a company called Ecosway in a store they opened around the area. Marketing beauty products all the way to kitchen utensils and supplies. Not what I'm most knowledgeable in but I'm still learning all the products. Pay goes by sales and people you add under you as a VIP shopper or IBO. It may seem like a Iffy concept but I'm sure it'll work out. I still occasionally do some IT work free of charge for neighbors or friends. I really need the money but I'm just to much of a sucker to charge people.blush3.gif

I like my job, moved up 3 times in the last year and I choose my own hours, but I have to work 40-50 hours a week, because I am now a manager.

Hows that working out LOL! It is a challenge to manage thats for sure

wheres the poll? I know I read something about a poll in the OP.

Which job day or night?

Why am I asking so many silly questions? :teehee:

Because you can.......It's your Job..... :biggrin:

wheres the poll? I know I read something about a poll in the OP.

Which job day or night?

Why am I asking so many silly questions? :teehee:

The poll was there with votes but it disappeared. I put it back. ODD