Mini-ITX HTPC Build

GuJuMaN89

The onboard on the 350 is more than enough for anything but gaming. Isn't it?

Oh yeah, it's a beast. I was just saying, the atom platform doesn't have any place anywhere

The onboard on the 350 is more than enough for anything but gaming. Isn't it?

it is as long as you're not streaming High Definition content from the like of Netflix.... they use Silverlight and for some reason it doesnt work well on the E-350s... its laggy and choppy. but as long as you dont use Silverlight it pretty much handles anything.

@ IVIYTH.... yes this is true...on the TVs I have that use HDMI the onboard is more than fine... on my old RPTV I needed a card just for S-Video

ok so that mobo/cpu should be able to handle 3d blurays and also rip/burn blurays too rite?

also i was just thinking, i already have a samsung smart tv and the only reason i was getting this HTPC was to rip blurays to it so i dont have to keep loading bluray movies each time i want to watch them and also burn some home vids and crap to blurays, so would i just be better off getting a NAS to store all my movies on and use my samsung smart TV to access that NAS, and just buy an external bluray burner for my laptop to rip/burn them?

it is as long as you're not streaming High Definition content from the like of Netflix.... they use Silverlight and for some reason it doesnt work well on the E-350s... its laggy and choppy. but as long as you dont use Silverlight it pretty much handles anything.

@ IVIYTH.... yes this is true...on the TVs I have that use HDMI the onboard is more than fine... on my old RPTV I needed a card just for S-Video

I'll have to try netflix streaming, I don't recall having any issues with it on my E-350. I'm 99% sure I've used it for NF streaming before and didn't have any issues. Nothing special with mine, just 4GB SoDIMM and a 64GB SSD.

ok so that mobo/cpu should be able to handle 3d blurays and also rip/burn blurays too rite?

also i was just thinking, i already have a samsung smart tv and the only reason i was getting this HTPC was to rip blurays to it so i dont have to keep loading bluray movies each time i want to watch them and also burn some home vids and crap to blurays, so would i just be better off getting a NAS to store all my movies on and use my samsung smart TV to access that NAS, and just buy an external bluray burner for my laptop to rip/burn them?

any1?

I just started working on a mini ITX computer. Only playing D3 and SC2 with it. You guys are worring me with all the asrock talk.

ASRock Z77E-ITX LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

EVGA 015-P3-1480-KR GeForce GTX 480 (Fermi) 1536MB 384-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 3000

Mushkin blackline 2x4gb 9-9-9-24 1.35v

Western Digital Scorpio Black WD2500BEKT 250GB 7200 RPM 2.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s Internal Notebook Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

Lian Li T1 spider case

There's nothing wrong with ASRock boards. I didn't like mine when I had BD, but it was due mostly to an immature BIOS. I still have it around as a backup or for if I decide to go back to AMD.