Cheap-ish Res+ pump for WC

Does anyone know a decent res and pump for a single loop WC? It will loop to the cpu then the two rads then back.

Ive seen the mcp655 pump and the res, those are a bit pricey.

Can someone recommend me some ?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a barely used XSPC single bay acrylic reservoir (the larger older style) I could let go of for cheap if you're not in a hurry. I won't be back in town till after the 4th.

Xspc makes a 750lph 2x5.25 pump/res combo for around $50..... i think. I have one from a rasa kit and i'm running a 420mm rad, cpu block, and gpu block(gpu core only) and well it works.

If budget is an issue I would suggest skipping the res all together and investing in a decent pump and using a fill tube. I am kinda fond of Swiftech MCP655 pumps myself, which can be found for not much more than your budget of 75 without a res.

i found one for about 70 bucks, yeah, but now i'd have to find a 5 dollar res haha.

Well, budget is kind of an issue. I have the expensive rads,that and a ton of decorations but i read somewhere that you dont really need the mcp655 or a strong pump until you have like Multiple blocks like gpu+cpu or GPU+GPU+cpu, or something like that.

Cheap res is going to the hardware store buy the shortest piece of pcv pipe you can find 2 caps glue and a pipe strap or 2 to hold it in place I forget which tap boinker has for the g1/4 threads for our 1/2 inch barbs though or if your lucky like boinker and have a friend in the electric or plumbing field they may be able to get the parts for free minus the tap :)