Thermoelectric Waterblock

I'd like to know where I can get a TEC Water Block or even a Thermoelectric Cooling kit for my RIG.

If anybody knows please help me as I searched google for 2 hours non-stop without getting a good clue on where to find (might be the quality of my keywords too but heh).

You sure you need thermoelectric cooling?

I have seen some integrated TEC waterblocks but the thing is you may as well just buy a tec and sandwidge it between your waterblock and your CPU.

Then you also need to consider the fact you will need to seal up your board or buy a controller that stops the TEC reaching the dew point.

What do you hope to achieve?

I hope to achieve cooler temps for my CPU obviously man

I think he meant what kind of overclock are you looking to achieve and on what type of CPU. TEC is such a hassle, that unless you are trying to overclock your CPU to some insane speed it probably isn't worth it.

I hope to achieve cooler temps for my CPU obviously man

Yeah but is a TEC really the way you want to go? Why not spend the money on custom water and ditch the h100. I know you want cooler temps I am not an idiot just want to know if you really think you will get what you want from a TEC.

Already at 5.1GHz is it really going to be worth it? Eitherway there was a company that sold reasonably priced intergrated peltier waterblocks and controllers that could measure dew point and set the TEC to stay a few degrees above the dew point. They have dissapeared tho.

SO you need to sandwidge a tec between a waterblock and cpu (not the h100 you will likely kill it with the heat from the hot plate going directly into the pump) so in which case you would need new custom water (this is provided you get a serious TEC) then you also need to seal up the board or find a controller that isnt way to expensive (I have had no luck so far).

last time i heard of someone using TEC was like 2002. I think it's for extreme cooling and you are generating the heat on the other side of the plate so the heat is still present. I would go custom watercooling if you want to hit some high overclocks, otherwise the h100 is actually REALLY good and this is coming from someone who hates corsair.

last time i heard of someone using TEC was like 2002. I think it's for extreme cooling and you are generating the heat on the other side of the plate so the heat is still present. I would go custom watercooling if you want to hit some high overclocks, otherwise the h100 is actually REALLY good and this is coming from someone who hates corsair.

If your had to rma the h100 you would get the h60 back wouldn't you? haha

If you want to do Tec cooling then you will need to start with a full custom water cooling loop. I would recommend using an XSPC Raystorm Kit or one of the larger Radiator Swiftech kits. This should effectively cool the system. I would say also to get some Different tubing from

Raystorm 360 Kit

Thermal resistant tubing

Here is the link to what Frozen CPU has on hand. You will need the Inverter and the tech they have on top that is currently out of stock. THough you can aquire 24 volt 300 watt tech elsewhere but that is the Jest.

Tec ect

Next you will need a lot of condensation protection. (I fell asleep at the keyboard and now I need to go to bed, I shall return to this)

What do you all think about this cooler : http://www.crazypc.com/products/freezone-elite-938202.html

I think it's pretty cool and they got awesome numbers on a CPU with 130W TDP @ stock clock but it was OC to at least 220W TDP in full load (damn lot of heat) and it was still holding it out where other coolers dropped the ball but I can't remember where I've seen those tests.

Noisy but there is someone using coolit coolers on an sr2 build with neoprene tubing and insulated CPUs.

Temps ran down to sub ambient for the two CPUs.

They certainly do the job of cooling just be warned it will be noisy getting the heat off the hot plate.

Then you can spend your money on that kit. Just need to buy neoprene tubing and insulation for the motherboard.

Then enjoy having spent ~$450 to get another 200 or MHz out of your chip. But maybe you will go further you already have a 5.1Ghz OC with just the h100

Edit: Found Chiller's worklog.

http://www.thebestcasescenario.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24088&page=12

page 12 on for temps.

Mind you he has 3 cool it systems, 3 pumps and 2 CPUs but you get the picture. Everything is insulated the motherboard the tubing and the res becuase the water temps are sub ambient.

The cool it coolers have their own software package and will scale performance and temps accordingly so at idle they shouldn't be too noisy even with a 120cfm 40db fan.