delete

Hello everyone. I am new here and have a question you all. I currently have an i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz 24/7 (P67A Gigabyte Board B3) with 8GB DDR3 1600 @ CL9. SSD Setup in raid as well. I am wondering a viable CPU Upgrade path for Video Encoding. From what I have been reading, the i7 3770k would be a good upgrade, and overclocked, it may be better for video encoding. If need be, I would get a different motherboard and CPU, what would be the best upgrade all around? Possible dual Xeons? What socket would be the best for that scenario? Basically, Im just looking for a good upgrade over the 2500k. Thanks in advance!!

The least expensive buy yet upgrade worthy would be to go to a i7 3930K with an x79 mobo. The i7 2600K (with your current chip set I would not even bother with ivy bridge) would be an ok upgrade especially if you add more ram, but if you have the money to actually buy an x79 setup, then it would be pointless to use the 2600K.

All in all I think the biggest yet most cost effective upgrade you can get is to go to socket 2011 and get a 6 core CPU.

How about buying a 3770K and selling off only 2500K?

Yea, Thats what I was thinking about, I figure that would be a decent enough upgrade and can just sell off the 2500K. :)