PSU whirring loud noise problem

Just make sure it has a 120mm+ fan. Larger=better in most cases (some brands are just crap in general.)

Personally, if you're looking for cheap this is the one I have, it's about $40 even:

RAIDMAX RX-530 SS Blue LED PSU- 135mm Fan

-Edit: I have a pretty high end gaming system and this PSU powers it. Even works for me when I add my second card as a PhysX processor: So if he isn't running SLI/XFire, 530 Watts should be more than enough. However: To be specific if he has a GPU in there, might want to post what kind so we can find something with the recommended amperage for it.

Wrong country :P

What you meant to recommend is this http://www.umart.com.au/pro/products_listnew.phtml?id=10&id2=140&bid=4&sid=65955 for a PSU that will last well into the future and will happily handle dual GPU set ups but if budget is a bit more concern this one http://www.umart.com.au/newindex2.phtml?bid=4 would be great for a solid PSU that will handle the current PC.

since were talking with a noisy/broken fan here, let me tell you what just happen yesterday... i heard this sound like a trolley wheel with a worn out bearings after i power up my PC, i just knew it could be one those "9" case fans running inside my rig. but i have this quick mind to narrow down my search who's the culprit by checking both of my front intake & rear exhaust 120mm fan cause they're the oldest(bought since 2009) amongst the 9 fans that i have, and so the front intake it was!

i was prepped to lube the squealer and i was armed with youtube doing the execution, took off the HDD caddie and everything that hid my intake fan, then behold that CM silent fan! doesn't have that removable rubber/plastic cover at it's back wherein you can apply the lube when dealing like such,.... i saw what you did there :nyea:

fired up that 1" nail on the stove until it came red glowing then punctured the fan's rear. just enough where i can give that dose of lube (i used ordinary sewing machine motor oil, just 2~3 drops i guess).

put back the sticker, re-assembled everything then fired it up.... BINGO! runs smooth & quiet same as new again :thumbsup:

saved me around PHP 550 at least to get a new one :P

now i want to see how long that sleeve bearing will last after that repair.

Edited by sword_fish

thats actually a good idea sword fish !! i'll do that this weekend ..... just trying to find the time for him to be away from the computer! he's always on it ! lol I might have to do this at nite time while hes asleep....cheers everyone !