OC triggers antivirus?

Ah waco. Did you contradict yourself??

I don't think so. :lol: He said the OC was unrelated to software oddness and I disagreed. I've definitely seen some wacky things with unstable overclocks.

For example - the X3 in my home theater makes windows BOUNCE AROUND when I try to unlock the 4th core. :lol:

I have been running Avast for over 2 years with an overclocked system with absolutely no problem or issues. I am running an Intel system. Maybe that is the difference?

Or your overclock is fully stable.

I agree with the others, this sounds like an instability that is causing a weird file effect and the software sees it as an attack. Also, silly idea, maybe try a different AV program, download Security Essentials or Comodo real quick and try it with those and see.

Waco said it though: An unstable OC can cause software issues. That's why it's considered unstable: Improper calculations.

If the antivirus runs a scans and something doesn't "match" to whatever it's configured to detect: then odds are it may just be an improper calculation came up as a virus.

Yeah I can totally see that too but from 1mhz? I bet this crappy board varies that much as a matter of routine and its cool but apply a "clock" and its tweaked to the point of boot failure? I guess I'm going to have to accept the vague "data corruption" theory and move on.

Yeah I can totally see that too but from 1mhz? I bet this crappy board varies that much as a matter of routine and its cool but apply a "clock" and its tweaked to the point of boot failure? I guess I'm going to have to accept the vague "data corruption" theory and move on.

Are you changing the clocks in Windows or in the BIOS? If within Windows, the clock change might just be triggering something in your antivirus. If in the BIOS...that'd be extremely surprising with a 1 MHz overclock. Some boards really are that flaky though.