F16 take off, up close!

Onion

Yeah, my ears are still attached to my head lol. I was surprised, they really weren't as loud as I anticipated. I'd say only a bit louder than a NASCAR or an Indy 500 car up close.

Those things are quiet. You should hear some of the loud aircraft =P

Like the B1 bomber...

I was deployed to an air force base in the middle east (undisclosed) (I'm army, and just returned to the states in jan). I worked about 200 yards from the flight line. They took off/landed every hour or so. Those things are ridiculously loud. You would have to stop talking for about a minute in the middle of a convo because they are so damn loud. They are so loud that it would shake the buildings we worked in. Soda cans would rattle on tables. The fighter jets arent too bad. The c17's and c5's were very quiet. The c130's made some noise but that was just from the prop turbulence.

When I was deployed my building was about 30-40 yards directly behind where they did U-2 full engine runs lol. Basically the same thing...shook the entire building...well..."building" is putting it nicely. It was more of a thin walled shack/trailer. We kept ear muffs close by :teehee:

Mach one then you will change opinion :)

Probably, but when the jet passed me it was only going about 200 knots, and at the end of the runway when it started going up, it was going about 400 knots. Loud, but not loud enough. :P It did give us a nice shake though, we could really feel it.

Edited by l33t p1mp

I love watching the F-16s take off. :thumbsup:

I really love it when they go vertical right after take off.

This video is fun to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Dr2ZB36p9Y

Those things are quiet. You should hear some of the loud aircraft =P

Ya like the

- though that video doesn't really capture how loud they are in person when the propellers are up.

very nice....but no sound of gushing air can beat the sound of a dodge viper...accelerating...:D

You mean the truck that looks like a car?

I absolutely hate the way the old Vipers sound. The split side exhaust systems just sounded...bad. :lol: The new ones might be better though, I haven't heard one in person.