overclocking software for my pll

the title says it all. Ive tried clock gen,setfsb, and cpufsb. none of em seem to have the 9248xx-112 pll =/.

yes ik software overclocking sucks,but hp had the great idea of replacing asustek's bios with there own,so i cant change the ram or CPU clock speed :mfp:

note,just tried softfsb,no luck there either.

Edited by stewievader

edit: if HP locked your bios i can't see the options being available for overclocking with the software. most software programs are from the same company.

Edited by hornybluecow

If you can identify exactly what motherboard it is and what bio you need from asus's website then you can try to flash it for some overclocking. But that is only something to try if you are willing to void any and all warranty and wish to risk ruining the motherboard. If it was me i would try it.

I hold no responsibility for damaged components for any reason. My advise is only for those who understand the potential risk.

• 2 weeks later...

You can't overclock anything with locked bios.

tbh im not sure if they locked it or if they just didnt bother including an option(it is a compaq after all).

If you can identify exactly what motherboard it is and what bio you need from asus's website then you can try to flash it for some overclocking. But that is only something to try if you are willing to void any and all warranty and wish to risk ruining the motherboard. If it was me i would try it.

I hold no responsibility for damaged components for any reason. My advise is only for those who understand the potential risk.

and as for warranty's,the thing is from 2001 they hardly have any documentation on it. so right now id almost try anything >.>

edit: if any other info is needed i cAN easily provide it.

Edited by stewievader