Is It Worth It To Upgrade?

OCit

Ok so i got a little extra cash lyin around and i say the Audigy Platinum ZS sound card. I already got onboard 5.1 (also have 5.1 speakers) with my Abit Max 3. I wonderin if the 99 buck upgrade is worth it? Its wierd cuz i hear this wierd like screetching in the background on my headphones (bose triports) and am wonderin if its the built in. No loose connections so no idea what the problem is. So waht u guys think? Thanks,

Ted

id go for an audigy 2. what i use and it has AMAZING sound quality.

also from someone on hear i heard that people were getting that kind of noise through their onboard on abit mobos because their southbridge was getting hot. not sure if this is entirely true though.

I would also go with the Audigy 2 ZS Platnium. It has all these crazy features to make quality sound. 24-bit, the Dolby Digital EX, 7.1 channels so if you decide to upgrade to 7.1 speaker system, you can use the same sound card and a bunch more. Besides, onboard requires a little more CPU usage than sound cards on a PCI Slot. so yea, i would go for it.

Edited by BROWNjello109

The platinum and reg are the exact same card, just one has the drive bay. I went to future shop and bought the card. Love it. All screetching is gone, never to be heard again. Calibratin was a breeze and makes a huge difference. Love it! Buy it!