Large disparity in AMD GPU pricing

GameRonin

So I was just looking at the 6000 series cards on newegg, and they're almost non-existant. "Not surprising", I tell myself, "given that the 7000 series is out now". So I decide to check out the 7000 series. Wow. So your choices are to spend about $550 for a 7970 or $450 for a 7950, or you can buy a 7770 for $160. What happened? Now I'm definitely going to wait until Keplar to even consider buying a card.

This is typical of most newly-released series. The price on the new series (i.e. the 7000 series now) will remain high until the previous series (6000 series) has been depleted for the most part.

The 7800 series appear to be on the way soon, but I agree with you. Kind of silly to have the 7900 and the 7700 out months before a 7800 shows up.

I feel that with Kepler's launch, 7000 card prices will come down.

So I was just looking at the 6000 series cards on newegg, and they're almost non-existant. "Not surprising", I tell myself, "given that the 7000 series is out now". So I decide to check out the 7000 series. Wow. So your choices are to spend about $550 for a 7970 or $450 for a 7950, or you can buy a 7770 for $160. What happened? Now I'm definitely going to wait until Keplar to even consider buying a card.

There is still the 7750 and they are going to release soon the 7800 series. :P

About the Keplar... I can't comment about it, since I don't know a thing about it. :lol:

I can still buy almost every 6000 series around here. I can even buy an old HD5750 around here. Or even older. :lol:

Edited by XtremeDS

My BF3 Edition HD 6970 is for sale at a good price ;)

Yeah the 7750 is out too but there's nothing hella special about it except for low power consumption. Which what would we care about that anyways? ;)

7000 series prices will come down soon and 7800s will be available before long. And Keplar is coming, too.

You've got a GTX 560 Ti 448 Core that came out like 3 months ago, why you needing an upgrade? I'm getting my HD 7970 for $425, which is still overpriced... :P

I haven't actually gotten around to buying a card yet. The one in my sig is just what I was considering. Wife moved out recently so I've got to finish buying furniture first, lol.