Realm of the Mad God

Coors

Anyone else playing this? Just found out about it when it was released on Steam. It's F2P and kind of like a MMO version of a Gauntlet-type dungeon crawler in NES graphics. It's hardcore only so when you die you lose your character and gear. But getting max level again can be achieved in like 30-60 mins. I played it like 10 hours this weekend and i'm hooked lol.

Only complaint so far is you only get one character slot and one bank as a free player and I think the prices for more slots and banks are a bit steep. $6 for slots (it says thats on sale from the normal $10) and $5 per bank. Kind of makes me not want to buy even one at that price. If they we're like $2 each or something i'd buy several and spend more than if I just got one slot and one bank at the current price. I'll probably just spend $11 and get one of each. But if they were cheaper i'd gladly give them $20 worth since I think i'd be getting my moneys worth. Hopefully they come down in price because I think they'd make more money.

Edited by Coors

Game looks interesting but I try to stay away from F2P games.

This isn't your typical F2P that has over powered items in the item mall. It's like dyes, pets and hp/mana pots. No pay2win crap.

• 3 weeks later...

Decided to finally give it a shot. Got the wizard (starting class) to 20 rather easily. Haven't died yet, but stopping for now. It's fun and hectic. Definitely worth trying since it's free and a small download.

It's funny because I loved Minecraft and Terraria, but I just couldn't get into Realm of the Mad God. I found it to be glitchy and... not fun. Different strokes for different folks I guess?

It's funny because I loved Minecraft and Terraria, but I just couldn't get into Realm of the Mad God. I found it to be glitchy and... not fun. Different strokes for different folks I guess?

Didn't encounter any glitches.