Borderlands 2 coming September 18!

DanTheGamer11

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luck of the Zafords Weekend going from now until Sunday. In-game event with some pretty sweet gear to grab, plus a unique skin and weapon.

Celebrate the Luck of the Zafords in Borderlands 2 this weekend with special in-game events and gear!

Each year, around this time, the Zaford clan takes a break from their war with the Hodunk bandit family to celebrate their good fortune and honor those that have passed on, such as that time Scooter buried their son alive in a shallow grave.

During this time, those who play Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet will see a temporary increase in the drop rates and rarity of shields! Plus, Absorb shields will have a better chance to absorb enemy bullets and Booster shields will have a higher chance of dropping a shield Booster when damaged.

In addition, the Zafords have prepared special gifts! To receive your celebratory Zaford gear, including special green skins for each character and a Chulainn SMG that will be the the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load, enter the SHiFT codes below into Borderlands 2:

PC / Mac Zaford Gear SHiFT Code
: KTCBJ-C9RTC-BSFTJ-33TT3-FBWHF

Xbox 360 Zaford Gear SHiFT Code
: KJCJ3-RCWC6-5K9BF-WFBT3-3WFKK

PlayStation 3 Zaford Gear SHiFT Code
: CTK3B-99K3J-XXKW3-ZTWTJ-HJH5J

• 2 weeks later...

Yep, I'm triple-posting because we now have our third piece of BL2 news coming out of PAX - a teaser for the Fourth DLC (the last one of the Season Pass)...and it seems to feature TINY TINA!!!! :wub:

I always felt that Borderlands should focus on Firearms AND Melee weapons.

To be able to 'upgrade' to a better melee weapon (instead of relyingon just the base damge your default weapon does) or use only melee weapons would be awesome.

Similar to ARPGs where you can have ranged (I realized the shooting is quite dumbed down in ARPGs, pretty much just point and click) and melee builds.

The psycho dude should be purely melee, that'd be awesome.

I always felt that Borderlands should focus on Firearms AND Melee weapons.

To be able to 'upgrade' to a better melee weapon (instead of relyingon just the base damge your default weapon does) or use only melee weapons would be awesome.

Similar to ARPGs where you can have ranged (I realized the shooting is quite dumbed down in ARPGs, pretty much just point and click) and melee builds.

The psycho dude should be purely melee, that'd be awesome.

Well he couldn't be "purely melee" - he'd still have to be able to use guns, otherwise some enemies/bosses would be impossible, literally.

Well he couldn't be "purely melee" - he'd still have to be able to use guns, otherwise some enemies/bosses would be impossible, literally.

Maybe his action skill could be to fly! That would make it possible to murder things... it also would shatter the game balance like C4 on glass.

One thing worth asking though is how will he do weapons? There are no melee weapon drops and it would not be a good idea to give him his own weapon class. Could be that all melee power is determined by skills ( :yucky: ) or maybe he could have the ability to 'wield' the current weapons with their stats (and some bonuses) as melee weapons. Possible? Yes. Probable? I haven't a clue.

Anyway, melee-focused character should be fun, if it is really melee focused and not just 'I can punch things really hard.'

Gearbox reveals some of the details behind the storage, ammo, and level cap increases. Plus a bit about Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

Here's what players on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 can expect that day:

Changes in 4/2 Software Update
 (Free)

• Adds new items to the Black Market:
    • One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
    • Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
    • Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
  • Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
  • Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
  • Various bug fixes.

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack

(Free with Season Pass, $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points separately)

• Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
  • Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
  • Powerful new "Ancient" E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

All in all, the backpack storage should be at 33 if the increases stay at 3 each. Still not quite what the first game had, but it's still a good thing.