607 replies to this topic

#577 Bubbaxm2

Bubbaxm2

Certified Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1055 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 04:33 PM

Yeah it sucks that I missed the bonus one earlier today that caused almost every chest to be full of oranges and bosses to drop 5-10 legendaries at a time. :(

ASUS P6X58D-E, Intel Core i7-920, Sapphire 7970, OCZ 850 PSU, 6GB Corsair Dominator, Kingston 128GB SSD, H2O, Razer Mamba
DFI Lp LT X-48, Q6600 GO, Sapphire 4850x2, Corsair 750TX PSU, OCZ 9200 Flex2, SB X-Fi Extreme Audio, 2x 7200.10 250gb, Corsair H50, Razer Mamba
EVGA E758-TR, Intel Core i7-920, EVGA GTX960, 12GB G-Skill Sniper, PCP&C 950 PSU, SB X-Fi Extreme Audio, ST3640323AS 640GB, H2O, TT lvl 10 mouse

ASUS Sabertooth Mark S, 4790K, Zotac GTX 980, EVGA 1300G2 PSU, 16GB Corsair Vengeance Premium, SB Z Soundcard, Sennheiser Game one, H2O, G9X, 500gb 850evo ssd

#578 bp9801

bp9801

Please press any key to continue

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11275 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 11:09 AM

Luck of the Zafords Weekend going from now until Sunday. In-game event with some pretty sweet gear to grab, plus a unique skin and weapon.

Celebrate the Luck of the Zafords in Borderlands 2 this weekend with special in-game events and gear!

Each year, around this time, the Zaford clan takes a break from their war with the Hodunk bandit family to celebrate their good fortune and honor those that have passed on, such as that time Scooter buried their son alive in a shallow grave.

During this time, those who play Borderlands 2 while connected to the internet will see a temporary increase in the drop rates and rarity of shields! Plus, Absorb shields will have a better chance to absorb enemy bullets and Booster shields will have a higher chance of dropping a shield Booster when damaged.

In addition, the Zafords have prepared special gifts! To receive your celebratory Zaford gear, including special green skins for each character and a Chulainn SMG that will be the the same level as (and appear in the backpack of) the first character you load, enter the SHiFT codes below into Borderlands 2:

PC / Mac Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: KTCBJ-C9RTC-BSFTJ-33TT3-FBWHF
Xbox 360 Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: KJCJ3-RCWC6-5K9BF-WFBT3-3WFKK
PlayStation 3 Zaford Gear SHiFT Code: CTK3B-99K3J-XXKW3-ZTWTJ-HJH5J

Intel Core i5 4690K - ASUS Z97-A - EVGA GTX 770 2GB
Mushkin Ridgeback 16GB DDR3-2133 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD - Seagate 750GB + 2TB - WD 1TB - Cooler Master SPH 1050W
ASUS Xonar Xense + Sennheiser PC-350 Xense Edition + Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 - Sapphire Vapor-X CPU Cooler - Cooler Master HAF XM

Follow OCC on facebook.png
KPMA7MM.png

#579 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

Member Title Exceeds Member Title Character Limit

• Review Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19463 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

CMt.png
- Steam - Raptr - Xfire - GameSpot - Kongregate - IGN Blog -
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti - 16GB DDR3-1866MHz - Acer Predator X34 -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

::: OCC E3 2013 Awards ::: CES 2013 ::: COMPUTEX 2010 :::

::: NVIDIA SHIELD Android TV Review ::: Acer Predator X34 Review :::

#580 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

• Review Editor
  • 19463 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

During a panel at PAX East today, Gearbox revealed that Borderlands 2’s level cap will be raised on April 2nd for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC players. The cap will add 11 new levels (bringing the total to 61) and will be free to Season Pass holders (or $4.99 for everyone else).

Along with the level raise, Gearbox will also be adding a new weapon tier: Pearlescent. Pearlescent weapons were previously seen in the original Borderlands and will be the rarest loot in Borderlands 2.

On April 2nd, Gearbox will also offer a new mode called Ultimate Vault Hunter’s Mode as a free update to all players regardless of whether they’ve purchased the level cap raise. The mode will be available to anyone who has beaten True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50 and will have enemies scaled to the highest level in your party.

Gearbox emphasized that the level cap upgrade is not the final piece of the Borderlands 2 season pass and that a fourth campaign is still set to arrive before the end of June. More information on the level cap increase will be announced before its release next week.

Elsewhere in the panel, Gearbox also revealed a new playable character named Krieg.

Link

Glad to see the level cap increase will be free to Season Pass subscribers and separate from the fourth DLC.

I'd rather Krieg be the fourth DLC though instead of a separate DLC for $9.99. lol

CMt.png
- ASUS P8Z77-V Deluxe - i7 3770k - NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti - 16GB DDR3-1866MHz - Acer Predator X34 -
::: Follow OCC on facebook.png ::: OCC Xfire Clan ::: OCC Steam Community Group ::: OCC Rules :::

#581 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

• Review Editor
  • 19463 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 01:47 PM

Yep, I'm triple-posting because we now have our third piece of BL2 news coming out of PAX - a teaser for the Fourth DLC (the last one of the Season Pass)...and it seems to feature TINY TINA!!!! :wub:

CMt.png

#582 Andrewr05

Andrewr05

I'll be whatever I wanna do!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11611 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 02:17 PM

I always felt that Borderlands should focus on Firearms AND Melee weapons.

To be able to 'upgrade' to a better melee weapon (instead of relyingon just the base damge your default weapon does) or use only melee weapons would be awesome.

Similar to ARPGs where you can have ranged (I realized the shooting is quite dumbed down in ARPGs, pretty much just point and click) and melee builds.

The psycho dude should be purely melee, that'd be awesome.

ona5.png

If you see the cops - LEAVE.

If the cops are coming - Don't be there.
If you show up and the cops are already there - DISAPPEAR.
Anyplace the cops are and you aren't, is a good day

:yes: 

Rig specs:

Spoiler

#583 ClayMeow

ClayMeow

• Review Editor
  • 19463 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

I always felt that Borderlands should focus on Firearms AND Melee weapons.

To be able to 'upgrade' to a better melee weapon (instead of relyingon just the base damge your default weapon does) or use only melee weapons would be awesome.

Similar to ARPGs where you can have ranged (I realized the shooting is quite dumbed down in ARPGs, pretty much just point and click) and melee builds.

The psycho dude should be purely melee, that'd be awesome.

Well he couldn't be "purely melee" - he'd still have to be able to use guns, otherwise some enemies/bosses would be impossible, literally.

CMt.png

#584 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*

ANTITHAT

• News Editor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9623 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

Well he couldn't be "purely melee" - he'd still have to be able to use guns, otherwise some enemies/bosses would be impossible, literally.

Maybe his action skill could be to fly! That would make it possible to murder things... it also would shatter the game balance like C4 on glass.

One thing worth asking though is how will he do weapons? There are no melee weapon drops and it would not be a good idea to give him his own weapon class. Could be that all melee power is determined by skills ( :yucky: ) or maybe he could have the ability to 'wield' the current weapons with their stats (and some bonuses) as melee weapons. Possible? Yes. Probable? I haven't a clue.

Anyway, melee-focused character should be fun, if it is really melee focused and not just 'I can punch things really hard.'

Processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1950X @ 3.8 GHz
Cooling: Corsair H110 AIO
Motherboard: ASUS Zenith Extreme
GPU: AMD RX Vega 64 (Stock @ 0.965 V +50% Power Limit)
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ 4x8 GB (32 GB) @ 3200 MHz 14-14-14-28
PSU: OCZ Fata1ty 750 W

GitHub OCC-OCAT script repository
Regular Saturday game stream at YouTube - GuestJimOCC Live

The Body on Games (YouTube, Release Calendar, Blog, and Patreon)

#585 DanTheGamer11

DanTheGamer11

Proud noob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:37 AM

A bit of info bout his classes

http://www.allgamesb...-is-psycho.html

Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.2Ghz
Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 8GB 1.48V 1600Mhz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical
Motherboard Asrock N68C-GS FX
Graphics XFX HD 7950
Storage 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD, 240GB Kingston Hyper X SSD, Thanks OCC & Kingston, makes a big difference  :)
Optical Disk Drive Sony Optiarc DVD/CD ReWriter
Power Supply Cooler Master GX 650W Bronze
Case Cooler Master CM690, Akasa 4 port USB front panel (MOAR USBs  :woot:)

#586 DanTheGamer11

DanTheGamer11

Proud noob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4403 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:42 AM

New free patch upgrades storage capacity  :woo: 

http://news.softpedi...on-340359.shtml

Processor AMD Phenom II X6 1055T @3.2Ghz
Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo
Memory 8GB 1.48V 1600Mhz DDR3 Crucial Ballistix Tactical
Motherboard Asrock N68C-GS FX
Graphics XFX HD 7950
Storage 1TB WD Caviar Blue HDD, 240GB Kingston Hyper X SSD, Thanks OCC & Kingston, makes a big difference  :)
Optical Disk Drive Sony Optiarc DVD/CD ReWriter
Power Supply Cooler Master GX 650W Bronze
Case Cooler Master CM690, Akasa 4 port USB front panel (MOAR USBs  :woot:)

#587 Andrewr05

Andrewr05

I'll be whatever I wanna do!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11611 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:42 AM

I always found the blackmarket sort of a pain in the ass, they should double the iridium drops.

ona5.png

If you see the cops - LEAVE.

If the cops are coming - Don't be there.
If you show up and the cops are already there - DISAPPEAR.
Anyplace the cops are and you aren't, is a good day

:yes: 

Rig specs:

Spoiler

#588 bp9801

bp9801

Please press any key to continue

• Senior Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11275 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 02:04 PM

Gearbox reveals some of the details behind the storage, ammo, and level cap increases. Plus a bit about Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

Here's what players on PC, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 can expect that day:

Changes in 4/2 Software Update (Free)
  • Adds new items to the Black Market:
    • One additional ammo upgrade for each ammo type, at 50 Eridium each.
    • Two more backpack storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
    • Two more bank storage space upgrades, at 50 and 100 Eridium respectively.
  • Increases the maximum amount of Eridium players can hold from 99 to 500.
  • Adds a new playthrough balanced for top-tier play: Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.
  • Various bug fixes.
Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 
(Free with Season Pass, $4.99 / 400 Microsoft Points separately)
  • Raises level cap to 61, allowing characters to gain 11 additional levels.
  • Characters gain a skill point with every level from 51 to 61, for a total of 11 more skill points.
  • Powerful new "Ancient" E-Tech relics and rare Pearlscent-grade weapons can be picked up in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode.

All in all, the backpack storage should be at 33 if the increases stay at 3 each. Still not quite what the first game had, but it's still a good thing.

Intel Core i5 4690K - ASUS Z97-A - EVGA GTX 770 2GB
Mushkin Ridgeback 16GB DDR3-2133 - Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD - Seagate 750GB + 2TB - WD 1TB - Cooler Master SPH 1050W
ASUS Xonar Xense + Sennheiser PC-350 Xense Edition + Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 - Sapphire Vapor-X CPU Cooler - Cooler Master HAF XM

Follow OCC on facebook.png
KPMA7MM.png