Help me to choose a CPU cooler

Lugia0529

Before buying anything head over to the marketplace and have a look at all the coolers OCC reviewer Airman has for sale. Big savings on great coolers and plenty to choose from.

He is in Malaysia, I don't think anyone will ship there that is selling on this forum.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noctua NH-U12P SE2.CM V6GT have problem with its loudness. I still have that V6GT which used to sound like a jet once I go over ~4.3 with 2600K.So, IMHO, avoid it. But the Noctua one.

Maybe it just like a real engine in your case :lol:

I think the shipping fees will be quite expensive :cry:

The shipping fees alone will be more than the product itself. It will probably be like $200 USD to ship to Malaysia.

That is why people not in the US/CAN can't get sweet deals on BNIB/NIB/Used like new items. :(

The shipping fees alone will be more than the product itself. It will probably be like $200 USD to ship to Malaysia.

That is why people not in the US/CAN can't get sweet deals on BNIB/NIB/Used like new items. :(

Bit of an exaggeration there maybe on shipping of an entire build but not just a cooler.

Just install my new Corsair Carbide 400R Casing and Noctua NH-U12P Cooler, and the temperature finally goes down. Now the CPU is 33C on idle and the Graphic Card is 35C on idle. Will try full load temperature later, hope it wont let me down :thumbsup: .By the way, it is about 3AM in Malaysia and I am going to sleep now. Good Night Everyone :)

EDIT: just test the temperature of my computer on full load, and I am very happy with the result, the CPU is 33C on idle and 52C after 30 mins of prime95 without air conditioning. The casing also help a litter drop on temperature on Graphic Card which is 61C max of full load after 15 mins of Furmark burn-in test with 1920*1080. Just the cable of the Gigabyte PSU is too short so some cable cannot perfectly managed.

post-73053-0-67720800-1329506867_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lugia0529

Wait a minute. Shouldn't you rotate the cooler by 90degree to get a conventional air flow direction? :dunno: That will look more conventional.

Ugh...Noctua NH-U12P SE2 can only mount with bottom-to-up on AMD System :erm:

EDIT: Just found that U12P SE2 owner can request a free mounting kit for AMD System with 90 degree rotation, but it require both Noctua Cooler invoice and AM3 motherboard invoice, but my motherboard invoice is lost already :ouch:

Edited by Lugia0529