Watercooling question

Laststop

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done a lot of researching. I think I could install one from scratch. Besides it would be a lot better to know my creation inside and out every corner of it.

For the fittings are compression fittings better than barb?

And my brother wants it like this. I guess he thinks it cool. I mean whatever you like is all that matters in my opinion.

Ahh he says he wants to be able to go for hardcore oc's once in awhile but run it at a much lower overclock for day to day use as he leaves his desktop on 24 hours 7 days a week never ever off.

Is liquid cooling ok to always run 24/7

Edited by Laststop

oh an im in the usa so shouldnt have problem gettin cheapest deals. Computer stuff is always way more expensive outside usa.

Would it be bad for me to attempt a dual loop on my first liquid cooling system

Edited by Laststop

It is fine to run 24/7 you basically do the same maintenance as with air. Dusting out the case getting rid of all the crap. When you do this you should be checking for any growth in the tubes.

However if you will be running 24/7 just make sure the pump gets a bit of airflow because if it doesn't it will get quiet a bit hot.

Compression and barb there is no real winner on performance when you buy a quality fitting and tube however the difference in price is huge. The cheapest combo that is very unlikely to fail is barb and worm drive.

Comes down to how important looks are for you and how much you want to spend.

I've done a lot of researching. I think I could install one from scratch. Besides it would be a lot better to know my creation inside and out every corner of it.

For the fittings are compression fittings better than barb?

And my brother wants it like this. I guess he thinks it cool. I mean whatever you like is all that matters in my opinion.

Ahh he says he wants to be able to go for hardcore oc's once in awhile but run it at a much lower overclock for day to day use as he leaves his desktop on 24 hours 7 days a week never ever off.

Is liquid cooling ok to always run 24/7

There really isn't any reason not to run a WC setup 24/7 the only issue is you'll find your self cleaning it out more often, regardless of the measures you take after enough time youll end up with some milky water or some microbials. If you did everything right it could take a year or more I'd guess but going 24/7 youll cut that time down a lot.

As for barbs or compression fittings, compression fittings are going to be easier to work worth when you have to rebuild your loop or take it down for any reason and in general just be easier to work with. The only thing about fittings is there a good bit more pricey than barbs.

In regards to dual loop (a discussion me and red are having atm) I would say always go a single loop. True the CPU temps may rise a little (in gaming and normal use) however the benefit of lower GPU temps outweighs the loss IMO.

I see it as beneficial to spread all the heat over all the radiators not split the heat and radiators and result in better cooling for one thing and lesser on another. A single D5 should be fine especially since most blocks and rads these days are fairly low restriction.

There really isn't any reason not to run a WC setup 24/7 the only issue is you'll find your self cleaning it out more often, regardless of the measures you take after enough time youll end up with some milky water or some microbials. If you did everything right it could take a year or more I'd guess but going 24/7 youll cut that time down a lot.

As for barbs or compression fittings, compression fittings are going to be easier to work worth when you have to rebuild your loop or take it down for any reason and in general just be easier to work with. The only thing about fittings is there a good bit more pricey than barbs.

I don't think it really matters how much you run the computer, microbes can grow in a water cooling loop even if it's not running. I might even say the more you run it the longer it'd take for then to grow.

Compression fittings look nicer and are easier to use, but normally cost triple what you'd spend on barbs and clips.

is there any type of fitting that is easiest to work with if performance comparison is a wash

IMO it is barb because compression fittings can be fiddly little things but again it's back to quality tube and fittings matched to each other.

Price and looks are the real factors.