Trigger has been pulled - Water cooling parts on the way

Gr4vitas

PrimoChill Primoflex tubing

Kill coil

XSPC Single bay res

Some Clamps

XPCS Compression fittings

Swiftech Apogee HD

Swiftech MCP655 (I couldn't find out if this was the version with the speed adjuster, there were two on jabtech one for cheaper that noted it did not have the speed adjuster and then this one which was like 15 bucks more but didn't mention anything about the adjuster...I went out on a limb and assumed it has it.)

XSPC RS360

What do you guys think? I hope that kill coil fits in a single bay res lmao, I looked at the measurements and it seems like it should have no problem but...we'll see I guess. Do you guys think I'll need more than just the kill coil? I don't want to run with any additives in the water, just want strait distilled water.

Also I don't need anything special for the compression fittings do I? they come with a gasket and such right?

Anyone have any basic tips for the installation, I'm a first time water cooler here so anything is appreciated!

Edit: Also going to use this for a build thread, pictures etc. Everything should be here in a few days!

Edit edit: Lol I just keep thinking of questions; is it necessary to flush your radiators these days? I've read of people flushing with a vinegar mix and all kinds of crazy stuff, should I just hook it up to the sink for a minute? Or don't bother and just slap it in?

Edited by Gr4vitas

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the radiator I would get a funnel and flushing out with hot water before installing. Not boiling though. After fitting everything test your stuff for 36 hours before turning on the motherboard.

Thanks for the info, I hope I can put my backplate on without taking my mobo out with the Haf x, I've heard the hole thats cut in the back is actually a little off set and it doesnt actually work lmao.

Does anyone know where I can get some industrial grade velcro? I bought some a while back for my original build, I used it to stick my 4 inch UV cathodes places, but after a few months they lost there stick and fell off the inside of the case. Not the actual velcro it self but the glue on the back didn't hold.

I'm planning to velcro the pump to the bottom of my case, and I need to re do my UV cathodes etc.

Does anyone know where I can get some industrial grade velcro? I bought some a while back for my original build, I used it to stick my 4 inch UV cathodes places, but after a few months they lost there stick and fell off the inside of the case. Not the actual velcro it self but the glue on the back didn't hold.

I'm planning to velcro the pump to the bottom of my case, and I need to re do my UV cathodes etc.

Duct tape solves all problems

Lol usually yea, but ductape always seems to lose its stick as well, I've tried to use it before.

If it loses its stick you aren't buying the good stuff

Trust me,I do live a/v, we live and breathe duct tape

How do you test your loop without power?

"borrow" or hook up a 4 pin connector from another running computer and just run the pump for a day or two for leak check, air removal etc.