My First attempt.

Richard89

This guys trying to rip you off haha, £85 for a 5670 is just ridiculous. Just so you get the idea, here's a basic comparison of the 5670 and the gtx560ti link

so id be better off with the GeForce GTX 560 Ti but would that work on my motherboard ?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so id be better off with the GeForce GTX 560 Ti but would that work on my motherboard ?

because that was my first choice to buy 1 of these cards but he talked me around to the others good job i never baught of him

Referring to Owen's link, I was being sarcastic :) Thanks goodness you're not an impulse buyer

which choice would you make http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Asus-GeForce-GTX-560-Ti-PCI-Express-2-0x16-1GB-DDR5-822MHz-Graphics-Card-HDMI-/220936527180?pt=UK_Computing_Computer_Components_Graphics_Video_TV_Cards_TW&hash=item3370d7dd4c or the one you said owen or dan lol

I'd just buy from Dabs directly... the one I linked is a bit newer with a free game, Owen introduced the idea of a 560 which is great, I probably would kept advising AMD :lol: I have never met a hostile person from the UK :) I think you should use one 560 till Keplar does get released... worst that can happen is a price drop for your second 560 :)

If you want an Asus card get this instead as it has the far better DC-II cooling that one you linked is no better than the zotac.

This guys trying to rip you off haha, £85 for a 5670 is just ridiculous. Just so you get the idea, here's a basic comparison of the 5670 and the gtx560ti link

fair enough, I know it's confusing :lol: I think that you should definitely stay away from your first choice (the 5670s) and either get two of the gtx560tis that I recommended and stick with them, or get just one gtx560ti and then upgrade to a newer card when it comes out like tj suggested earlier. Hope this hasn't confused you any more :P

so if i buy 1 http://www.overclock.co.uk/product/Asus-1024MB-GDDR5-GeForce-GTX-560-DIRECTCU-II-TOP-Overclocked-Dual-DVI-Mini-HDMI-PCI-E-Retail-with-Free-Mafia-2--Batman-Arkham-City-PC-Game_40377.html and then wait a couple of month i should be able to play the new call of duty and battle field ? the main reason is am ive been waiting ages for diablo 3 to come out so thats another reason i want a good graphics card lol

Just thought I would bring this up again since I can not let this rest.

Quote from CM

What is the maximum length graphics card supported?

The CM Storm Scout is designed with portability in mind. It can accommodate the largest 280GTX or HD 4870 X2 type cards. This includes all GPU 10.5" or 267mm in length or shorter. GPU cards have a maximum clearance for 10.6" or 270mm maximum length inside the Scout.

http://www.ebuyer.com/341330-sapphire-hd-7950-3gb-gddr5-dvi-hdmi-dual-mini-displayport-pci-e-graphics-11196-00-40g This card WILL work in the case with NO modding, and it will be a one stop shop type thing rather than buying a 560 ti and upgrading later and wasting money in the process.

Edited by Tjj226_Angel

Just thought I would bring this up again since I can not let this rest.

Quote from CM

What is the maximum length graphics card supported?

The CM Storm Scout is designed with portability in mind. It can accommodate the largest 280GTX or HD 4870 X2 type cards. This includes all GPU 10.5" or 267mm in length or shorter. GPU cards have a maximum clearance for 10.6" or 270mm maximum length inside the Scout.

http://www.ebuyer.com/341330-sapphire-hd-7950-3gb-gddr5-dvi-hdmi-dual-mini-displayport-pci-e-graphics-11196-00-40g This card WILL work in the case with NO modding, and it will be a one stop shop type thing rather than buying a 560 ti and upgrading later and wasting money in the process.

Nice find! I was sure a 7950 wouldn't fit.