My First attempt.

Richard89

Items purchased

Cooler Master Storm Scout £61.37

x 1 static Wrist band £0.99

x 1 750 corsair psu £75.00

x 2 Coolermaster SickleFLow Red LED Quiet Silent Case Fan 120mmn £12.78

x 1 Cooler Master V8 Cooling Fan/Heatsink 120 mm 1800 rpm 1 x Riffle Bearing £51.24

Things Remaining

Corsair Vengenace 16GB CMZ16GX3M2A1600C10 1600MHz CL10 DDR3 Memory Kit £112.95

ASRock Fatal1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 £228.74 Cheapest is £216.81

Intel Core i7 2600K £240.00

ATI Radeon HD5670 £155.00

Seagate SV35 Series 1 TB,Internal,7200 £65.00

am stuck on the graphics card ive been told thats the best for my board ive also been told i could get better could anyone help me as am noobish on building machines

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.overclock...Game_41559.html Dude where you buying at? Or http://www.overclock...Game_40377.html

What ya gonna do with PC?

http://www.overclock.co.uk/dept/Intel-Core-i3-i5-i7-LGA1155_298.html CPU a bit cheaper

http://www.overclock.co.uk/dept/Socket-LGA1155_297/filter_brand_9.html Asrock mobos...

http://www.overclock.co.uk/dept/Socket-LGA1155_297/filter_brand_1.html Asus mobos...

http://www.overclock.co.uk/product/Corsair-Vengeance-Blue-8GB-2x4GB-DDR3-PC3-12800-1600MHz-Dual-Channel-Kit-Retail_40051.html Faster CL timing and cheaper overall if you buy two kits... but I don't know whether you use Photoshop or any that stuff... two sticks like your ones are a bit faster than 4 sticks...

HDD seems okay :)

Edited by Dan The Gamer

The parts you already have are fine, but I would change a lot about the rest of the build. Here is what I suggest you get instead of what you chose:

Cpu This will be more than enough for gaming, especially overclocked

Motherboard You don't need to spend loads on a motherboard, this can run crossfire at x8/x8 if you wanted to get another graphics card.

Ram You really don't need more than 8gb for anything other than photoshop etc.

Gpu The gpu you chose was ridiculously overpriced as dan said, this one will be much faster.

SSD

HDD: the one you chose is fine

Also, I don't think you will be able to fit both of the sickleflows on the side of your case with the v8 installed. Hope this helped :thumbsup:

The parts you already have are fine, but I would change a lot about the rest of the build. Here is what I suggest you get instead of what you chose:

Motherboard You don't need to spend loads on a motherboard, this can run crossfire at x8/x8 if you wanted to get another graphics card.

Gpu The gpu you chose was ridiculously overpriced as dan said, this one will be much faster.

SSD

Also, I don't think you will be able to fit both of the sickleflows on the side of your case with the v8 installed. Hope this helped :thumbsup:

Muahaha a pound cheaper http://www.overclock...tail_36369.html

Did Asus get rid of that quick boot thing?

So what is the purpose of this PC?

I find it weird that the HD 7970 is cheaper than the GTX 580 :lol:

Edited by Dan The Gamer

SSD

am useing the pc for future gameing as so for webdesign photoshop dreamweaver and cinema 4d the moneys not an issue but why is the motherboard not good as the one that you've given me ?

and sorry forgot to put that the graphics card i put up was for 2 cards and why is the i5 better than the i7 ?

Edited by Richard89

am useing the pc for future gameing as so for webdesign photoshop dreamweaver and cinema 4d the moneys not an issue but why is the motherboard not good as the one that you've given me ?

and sorry forgot to put that the graphics card i put up was for 2 cards and why is the i5 better than the i7 ?

Maybe the RAM will be useful to you after all.

Unless you will be using the extra features on more expensive ones then it's not worth it.

So you want to crossfire?

To save money, but from your info you may need the threads...

If you are going to use middish range cards might as well see AMD HD 7770 performance in a week or so...

Edited by Dan The Gamer

Maybe the RAM will be useful to you after all.

Unless you will be using the extra features on more expensive ones then it's not worth it.

So you want to crossfire?

To save money, but from your info you may need the threads...

If you are going to use middish range cards might as well see AMD HD 7770 performance in a week or so...

what did you mean by If you are going to use middish range cards might as well see AMD HD 7770 performance in a week or so.. ?

Ok in that case I think you would be better off with the i7 and this memory kit. The motherboard I linked isn't really any better than the one you chose, it's just much better value for money. Even if that price was for 2 5670s, they would still be terrible value for money imo. The i5 is actually slower than the i7, but for gaming there would be virtually no difference so that's why I suggested it. But seeing as you're doing web design etc I would say go with the i7.

Well first, welcome to OCC :cheers:

Second, we need a bit more information. For instance is this PC for gaming, or are you using it as a workstation. What is your budget. Can you return any of your items. If this is for gaming, what sort of games and at what settings would you like to play them at. If it is for a work station, then what sort of programs will you be working on. Also, where are you from? I can only assume england since you are using pounds, but I have been surprised before.

For the moment to get you a speedy response I will user Aria as a store to link the parts for a gaming PC.

Motherboard

CPU

Video Card

Ram you only need 8 GB for gaming. 16 GBs is for more of workstation stuff.

You hard drive is fine.....I just hope you trust your source because that price is almost too good to me true.

I would also add this http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Solid+State+Drives/Corsair+Force+Series+3+V2+120GB+2.5%22+SATA-III+Solid+State+Hard+Drive+?productId=45836 for game files and your OS and use your hard drive for random files ie. music and videos.

Ok in that case I think you would be better off with the i7 and this memory kit. The motherboard I linked isn't really any better than the one you chose, it's just much better value for money. Even if that price was for 2 5670s, they would still be terrible value for money imo. The i5 is actually slower than the i7, but for gaming there would be virtually no difference so that's why I suggested it. But seeing as you're doing web design etc I would say go with the i7.

so other than the graphics cards all my devices are fine could you recommend a good graphics card thats future proff and i was told my motherboard that ive picked is able to use the upcomming graphics cards.

as this is the first time am building my own machine am sorrying with all the daft questions i just want to make sure everythings going to be top notch.

Well first, welcome to OCC :cheers:

Second, we need a bit more information. For instance is this PC for gaming, or are you using it as a workstation. What is your budget. Can you return any of your items. If this is for gaming, what sort of games and at what settings would you like to play them at. If it is for a work station, then what sort of programs will you be working on. Also, where are you from? I can only assume england since you are using pounds, but I have been surprised before.

For the moment to get you a speedy response I will user Aria as a store to link the parts for a gaming PC.

Motherboard

CPU

Video Card

Ram you only need 8 GB for gaming. 16 GBs is for more of workstation stuff.

You hard drive is fine.....I just hope you trust your source because that price is almost too good to me true.

I would also add this http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials/Solid+State+Drives/Corsair+Force+Series+3+V2+120GB+2.5%22+SATA-III+Solid+State+Hard+Drive+?productId=45836 for game files and your OS and use your hard drive for random files ie. music and videos.

well i want the power just incase anything comes up plus future proffing for upcomming and current top games for the pc

adobe photoshop

cinema 4d

dreamweaver

3d max

Sony Vegas

HD PVR games recorder

what did you mean by If you are going to use middish range cards might as well see AMD HD 7770 performance in a week or so.. ?

See the 7xxx sires graphics cards haven't fully been released. So far the 7970 and the 7950 are the only two cards on the market.

However, I would advise against going with a dual card solution right out of the gate. Corssfire is meant to add performance to your PC when games get to be too much of a strain on your current GPU. Usually, the best thing to do would be to get one card, and the best card you can afford, and then later on down the road you corssfire when the card is cheaper. You will end up having a higher performing system that way. So in your situation, I would look at getting the 7950 or if you truly mean that money isn't an issue, I would look at maybe squeezing in a 7970.

For all for you who are going to pick on what I said, let me end the comments here and now. Take not that I said he SHOULD go with a single card for now and crossfire down the road. I do agree that corssfire and SLI are wonderful things, but it would be wiser to spread that out considering that a single 7950 should be good for any modern game at high settings.