Reasons for piracy

Shifty2105

Lol, so because someone pirates it's their parent's fault for not instilling them with proper values? The trolling goes on :lol:

You hit it right on the head Waco (as have a dozen other people in various threads) ;)

You may not like what he says but the truth is the truth and on this he has the truth of it.

No, that's his opinion. You seem to have a bad thesaurus; there are too many words that are incorrectly synonyms with truth and fact.

Lol, so because someone pirates it's their parents fault for not instilling them with proper values? The trolling goes on :lol:

You hit it right on the head Waco (as have a dozen other people in various threads) ;)

No people who steal lack integrity. If you defend stealing then you must also lack integrity. It's not that hard to understand gang.

And then you went on to say that it was their parents fault for not instilling them with proper values.

I think the word you are looking for is integrity. Parents fail at teaching this to their kids. I am pretty sure all of you who support piracy have parents who failed at this.

No people who steal lack integrity. If you defend stealing then you must also lack integrity. It's not that hard to understand gang.

The difference is one attacks the person, the other attacks the parents. You lack, I assume, intelligence for not understanding the difference.

Edited by Silas13013

And then you went on to say that it was their parents fault for not instilling them with proper values.

The fact is people who steal lack integrity. Everything else is opinion. I shared an example of why a person may lack integrity. The bottom line is stealing is wrong any way you tr and spin it.

So I got thinking about something due to this thread and a recent discussion I had with a friend. In the discussion, my friend asks me "Why do pirates upload all of this material? What do they get out of it?" Well, I explained it to him, or at least what I knew at the time, but it got me thinking, is there more to it than that? So I started looking it up, mostly the idea that piracy is profitable, as that is the note my friend kept touching on, he couldn't quite understand why anyone would do anything where they had nothing to gain.

Well it didn't take long to find what I wanted, and it's quite an in depth and well detailed look at this particular part of piracy. Who profits from piracy? goes into great detail about this matter, though I can't say I like the bias attitude of it, it is however very well done and informative. Definitely recommend checking that out, either reading the full article, or if you'd prefer a summary, just watch the first video, with the pirate picture.

Although this does go into great detail about all this, it still didn't provide the information that I'm looking for sadly. What I'm actually trying to figure out is if the people that upload torrents make any profit from their torrents, to the best of my knowledge, only the index sites(like the The Pirate Bay) are making profit from them, but the actual uploader, the guy ripping a movie or cracking a game isn't making any money from it. As someone who has actually uploaded torrents myself, I've never seen any way for that kind of pirate to profit, the only possible thing I can think of is that they link to their website in a readme file and they have ads on their site, but most of the major rippers/crackers never have anything like this.

The fact is people who steal lack integrity. Everything else is opinion. I shared an example of why a person may lack integrity. The bottom line is stealing is wrong any way you tr and spin it.

Stealing is not what we're discussing here. Thanks for playing. :cheers:

Also, just because I find this issue (and the "facts" that people post) hilarious, if stealing is always wrong - what if you have no money, no food, and kids to feed? What if your only option is to steal to live? Does that make you wrong?

Do you see why speaking in absolutes is a completely useless way to discuss something? ;)

Stealing is not what we're discussing here. Thanks for playing. :cheers:

Also, just because I find this issue (and the "facts" that people post) hilarious, if stealing is always wrong - what if you have no money, no food, and kids to feed? What if your only option is to steal to live? Does that make you wrong?

Do you see why speaking in absolutes is a completely useless way to discuss something? ;)

LOL, Waco that's what I was thinking, I didn't wanna play that card though since it doesn't have anything to do with piracy.