£384 budget, not sure what to upgrade

Mr. Agree

Currently, I'm buying an ASUS GTX 560ti next monday for about £167, this doesn't count towards my £384 budget by the way. I'll be able to spend my budget mid-february.

My specs:

5770 (being replaced by a 560ti)

Intel Core i5 2500 Sandy Bridge @3.30GHz

Motherboard ASUS P8H67-M

4GB DDR3 RAM (Dual channel) - DRAM Frequency - 535.2MHz (this is what CPU-Z says, I swear the MHz is supposed to be higher, whether the program is reading this as the PC is 'idle', as it says my 5770 is 156MHz core and 300MHz memory)

Coolermaster 650w PSU

So yeah, unsure what else to upgrade with £384. I'm not the best with computers, usually a lot of research helps me. My first consideration was to buy another 560ti and SLI both as apparently it's a bit faster and cheaper than just buying a 580? Also i'd have to replace my motherboard too wouldn't I? It only has 1 PCI-E x16 slot and another PCI-E x4 slot (which is taken up by my sound card). I may need a new case too.

Your system looks great, With that cash I would get a SSD and a new case or a new PSU for later upgrades.

Thanks. I would have thought to have waited for Ivy Bridge but wasn't sure.

Also, I just have ONE 16x PCI-E slot and another 4x one (taken up by the sound card). If I went SLI, i'd obviously have to upgrade a motherboard that has enough slots. Is there any reccomendation being that the i5 2500 requires a particular one?

1680x1050. Not sure on what the case is either, it was given to me by someone :P

Lol, might be a good idea to upgrade the case then :lol: Also at that resolution a gtx560ti will be more than enough for most games.

This for a decent budget case, this or this for a mid range case, this or this if you want to spend a bit more. Take your pick! :P

Very nice, thanks. I am tempted on a motherboard too for future SLI but i'd require one that had 3 PCI-e slots (as sound card needs it). Possibly 12-16GB ram for video editing/map making, etc. However, unsure at the moment.

Very nice, thanks. I am tempted on a motherboard too for future SLI but i'd require one that had 3 PCI-e slots (as sound card needs it). Possibly 12-16GB ram for video editing/map making, etc. However, unsure at the moment.

RAM is dirt cheap right now so go for it! :D

Also, on the case, I highly suggest this or this (more expensive though). But the Antec 300 is also a really good budget case, I'm actually using it right now.

At 1680x1050, your 560ti will be perfect!

http://www.ebuyer.com/276211-lg-m2550d-pz-25-ultra-slim-led-tv-m2550d-pz When it gets cheaper.

http://www.ebuyer.com/268693-corsair-120gb-force-3-ssd-cssd-f120gb3-bk-cssd-f120gb3-bk

Then with the left over money, buy yourself some ram. I would say to get 8gb dual channel memory and toss the 4gb dual channel memory to someone who needs it. That way when you need even more ram you can upgrade to 16gb. If you stat at your current 2x2gb ram configuration, you are limiting yourself.

The ram that you have no can probably go faster. Just go into your BIOS and change the ram settings. Remember, CPU Z tells you the ram clock speed, however, you need to multiply that number by 2 to get your actual speed. It is just the way the program works. However, even still that is only 1060 mhz ram. I think you might have like 1333 or 1600mhz ram. So that is just a tweak in the BIOS to get it running at the proper speed.

Anyways back tot he main point. You got a new screen, an SSD, and RAM in your price range. All perfect things to balance out your GTX 560 ti. I do not believe you need to go rushing out to buy a new board and ivy bridge CPU though. I would say to spend your money on stuff you can migrate over to the next build which might be hasswell in 2013 rather than upgrading the stuff you will toss aside or donate.