GTX570 aftermarket cooler

dario_92

Hi there, i have the vapour chamber 570 and it is quite loud, i can play BF3 on ultra and the max temp is about 67c. However, i find this too loud for my liking and i was wondering if there is any aftermarket coolers out there for it ? Yeah i know there is but i dont know which one is the best and so on... I have been thinking about watercooling with a XSPC RASA240 and buying some more tubing and a 570 block, but im not sure. Opinions are welcome :thumbsup:

Thanks, Dario.

Hi there, i have the vapour chamber 570 and it is quite loud, i can play BF3 on ultra and the max temp is about 67c. However, i find this too loud for my liking and i was wondering if there is any aftermarket coolers out there for it ? Yeah i know there is but i dont know which one is the best and so on... I have been thinking about watercooling with a XSPC RASA240 and buying some more tubing and a 570 block, but im not sure. Opinions are welcome :thumbsup:

Thanks, Dario.

67C? You've got tons of room. Set the fan profile to 45% and see what the max temps get to. Around 80C - 85C is fine for max temp, the lower the better, of course (actual max temp is 97C). Otherwise, if you prefer cool and quiet, then watercooling is the way to go.

Like El capitan said 67c is not bad at all. The fan just needs to be turned down to see if it can maintain with a lower noise profile.

If you are looking to watercooling Then the best kit IMHO with the addition of a gpu block would be the rasa kit with the rs or ex 360 radiator. You could get away with a 240 radiator in all reality but that is going to be pushing it if you plan to overclock at all. Also if you do decide to go that direction get some better tubing clamps and fans, I recommended the cheaper tubing from Sidewindercomputers.com, herbie clips and 1000 rpm fans from noctua scythe or yate loon. Go to the ek cooling configurator at ekwaterblock.com and see if they have the proper block for that video card. It should tell you by manufacture and exact card what kind of block you need if they provide one. Other then that what kind of case is this going in and how much overclocking are you shooting for.

Thanks for the replies guys, sorry i never replied to your posts earlier on as i went up to town with a few friends, i am thinking of going to get the RASA 240 kit, but another 240mm rad and a gtx570 block and some spare tubing ? Will this be ok ?

You could get away with a 240 radiator in all reality but that is going to be pushing it if you plan to overclock at all.

I've used a 120 radiator in push pull with two GPU's watercooled with temps never going higher than 53C. :P

67C? You've got tons of room. Set the fan profile to 45% and see what the max temps get to. Around 80C - 85C is fine for max temp, the lower the better, of course (actual max temp is 97C). Otherwise, if you prefer cool and quiet, then watercooling is the way to go.

Yeah i will need to have a mess around with it, i only noticed it with my headset off, i will go and see what i can get it to :thumbsup: my max temp is gonna be about 75c-80c max :dunno: I dont feel comfortable knowing my GPU is above 80c lol, i dont even like it at 67c :blush:

EDIT - Forgot to mention the fan is set to auto at 40%, so if i sit the fan speed at about 50ish roughly should that be ok ?

Edited by dario_92

but get the big triple fan one, not the dual. that swordfish posted, much cooler and quieter

I might get one of the temporarily while i can get some money together for my watercooling, i would buy my WC stuff just now but i got a holiday to save for :cry:

I've used a 120 radiator in push pull with two GPU's watercooled with temps never going higher than 53C. :P

And I can't say I share the same experience. What video cards Cause I think with my gtx480s that is not happening. Max temps on my pair are above that at 65c under a benchmark or occt. But while gaming its roughly 55-60 depending on what game.