upgrade time or more or less

yamilegend

Oh yeah 6950s in CF would be an upgrade, but aren't your 6850s making you happy now??

true very true, i just wanna a new toy if you get me T_T as i see it i probably would be going the SSD upgrade instead of a new graphic cards then again im still thinking of 6950 CF and how sweet they must be T_T

true very true, i just wanna a new toy if you get me T_T as i see it i probably would be going the SSD upgrade instead of a new graphic cards then again im still thinking of 6950 CF and how sweet they must be T_T

Think of it this way. Two 6950s will be better than or equal to a 7970 for about 150 dollars less. I would not buy the 7950 if some one payed me to buy them and paid for the card itself. I can understand the 7970 being 550 bucks, but the 7950 at 400????? Screw off. That should mean that the card is competing high end GTX 570s an entry level 580s. That sounds like some bull dozer hype to me. HOWEVER, if you see that the 7950 is 350 USD at release like some claim it to be, then I would snatch one up. It will be marginally more expensive than your CF 6950s, but you will always have the option to crossfire the 7950, and it will take up less energy.

Think of it this way. Two 6950s will be better than or equal to a 7970 for about 150 dollars less. I would not buy the 7950 if some one payed me to buy them and paid for the card itself. I can understand the 7970 being 550 bucks, but the 7950 at 400????? Screw off. That should mean that the card is competing high end GTX 570s an entry level 580s. That sounds like some bull dozer hype to me. HOWEVER, if you see that the 7950 is 350 USD at release like some claim it to be, then I would snatch one up. It will be marginally more expensive than your CF 6950s, but you will always have the option to crossfire the 7950, and it will take up less energy.

Wish I could get 6950cf for $400 in aus if the 7970 comes out at $550 it will be cheaper than a 6950cf set up and will be very happy having it at $350 is not going to happen for me ever with some 1gb 6950s being nearly that price :-/

Don't know why you would complain about $550 it is damn good imo but true I am subjected to 580s that cost $6-700 for the 3gb edition meaning that's likely to be the 3gb 7970 price when I go to buy it.

Really need to find a card with a serial based warranty that is valid globally and I will buy from the states if possible.

So, two 2GB 6950s at $250 each ($500 total) isn't exactly $150 less than a 7970. The 7950 is projected to be around the $400 mark, which makes it $100 cheaper (potentially) than two 2GB 6950s at their current, and cheapest, price.

Sure, you could go for the cheaper 1GB 6950s, but the cheapest is $240. Not exactly a huge price difference. Plus, the 7950 should have 3GB of GDDR5.

Well guys i have choose the SSD so im gonna start probably a new thread in that section to see what i can buy or rather to see which one have the good performance and that at least last enough. Like many here gonna wait and the the performance increase since my intention is to go with a eyefinity setup and the new generation bring 3GB of VRAM so will wait and see, i read that the 7950 was delay till February that's partially good since my birthday is the 9 of February and pretty sure if i ask my wife would help me to get it ^_^ thanks guys and its a little late but happy new year.

• 2 weeks later...

Your present config is very good. Wait for nvidia's next gen card & decide on your buy.

The wait should be worthy! :thumbsup:

I second that.. 2x6850s should be able to handle anything on the market today.