Can't choose between three monitors

IlijaPlayerP

Hi. I can't choose between three LCD monitors.

They are the LG IPS236V-PN, LG W2453V-PF and the Samsung LS24A350HS/EN.

Which one should I get?

=============================================================

Here are the specs:

LG IPS236V-PN

http://www.lg.com/us/computer-products/monitors/LG-led-monitor-IPS236V-PN.jsp

LG W2453V-PF

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005126

Samsung LS24A350HS/EN

http://uk.insight.com/en-gb/productinfo/monitors/SAMQA350HS

=============================================================

So which is the best monitor? I guess the LG IPS236V-PN since it has IPS and LED, but the other two are 24" and 2ms and the Samsung is LED (but with TN panel..) I like them all, but I can't decide. So what do y'all think?

Ips monitor better quality and untill you develop eyes with super sensitivity you won't notice the difference between 2, 5 and probably even 16ms gray to gray refresh times.

However where are you buying from and what are the prices? Because you've put links from everywhere.

Haha, mixed opinions :)

I don't know if I'll notice the difference between 2ms and 5ms, but I notice it between 8ms and 5ms. In gaming I probably won't, but reading black text on a white background I notice it when you scroll down or up, the text and background become violet on a 8ms monitor. On 5ms is better, but still some ghosting or shadowing (I don't know what is the correct term) can be noticed.

I am buying one of these from a local shop in a third world country (Macedonia), they all cost very closely around 200 euros (~ $273).

So I was reading about IPS panels and they seem to be the best, but some bleeding occurs on the corners of the screen. Meh, I don't really care, it usually shows when watching movies (which I will), but I need the monitor mostly for gaming. The LG 24" and Samsung are TN panels, the LG is with CCFL backlighting I guess, and the Samsung is TN panel with LED backlighting. I don't know what to choose. IPS panel seems to be "the s***" in LCD monitors. The Samsung is the best offering here probably, except for the TN panel. There is one Samsung 24" with LED and IPS panel and 2ms and everything...but it costs 300 euros (~ $410) , which is insane.

My monitor died today by the way :( (31-Apr-2003 - 31-Dec-2011 RIP DELL P1130, you will be missed by many :(). The guys at the DELL service said that it's the flyback transformer and that it costs 200 euros (~ $273) to repair, which is, again, insane. So I have to decide what will I buy fast :) I'm writing this from a friend's laptop. I'll check out some other monitors too and I may post them when I get the chance, because I don't have a monitor now :D

Thanks for the opinions guys! :D

Oh, sorry, I forgot.

Here is the page:

http://webshop.ddcom.com.mk/search/category/%D0%9C%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8/cid/234#/category/%D0%9C%D0%BE%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80%D0%B8/cid/234/resultsperpage/108/pricelistid/0/sortby/priceAsc/inStockProducts//pf/0/pt/0/ajax_sender/orderby

You can change the language and currency in the upper-right corner.

Feel free to suggest.

I'm leaning towards the 23" LG monitor, since it's the only IPS panel monitor. But I'm still open for suggestions.

Edited by IlijaPlayerP

After looking at what else is there and the prices I am going to still say the 23" LG IPS monitor.

I feel sorry for you due to the prices you a given because I have been planning to buy three of those exact monitors but it will be at ~$160 USD each not $250 making it ~8000 MKD.

Yeah I think I'll get the LG 23" IPS LED, you are right.

Yeah, I'm sorry for me too, because I live in a third world country I have to pay everything twice as much as it costs, despite making ten times less money per month than the people who live and work in normal countries. But that is that, for now I don't have a choice, it sucks living here big time. And that is the cheapest store by the way, every other store is even more expensive.

I'll get the LG IPS236V-PN on Tuesday. Thanks to everyone for your opinions and suggestions.

Have a happy new year y'all! :D Best wishes.