PC to Sony TV

Danzer

I have a 32" Sony TV model # KDL-32EX500. Before yesterday, it was working completely fine when connected to the component 2 IN place using RCA cables. I'm using an S-video out to connect to the TV. There's a Red, Green, and Blue out from the S-video. I have them connected respectively to the back of my TV...Yesterday, I had to disconnect the TV to mount it to my desk and now when I reconnected it to the correct spot, it doesn't work anymore, but is recognized by my computer. I have another computer screen and can extend displays, but nothing comes up on my TV.

I am also using an EVGA 8600gts Nvidia card if you need to know.

Does anybody have this problem or can assist me with getting it back to normal? Sony online chat wasn't much help.

Thank you!

Ah. A tragic case of "it was working one second, and then I moved it, and now it is dead" syndrome. Try unplugging everything. Lay it all out on the floor (non carpeted of course), plug it all back together making absolutley sure everything is correct, and test it.

If it works, then great. If not well then we are just going to have to be a bit more clever.

There is a spot for a VGA connection, but that doesn't seem to be working either.

I actually got the TV to work, but the resolution was horrible and wouldn't change to 1080i like it was before I disconnected it.

Edit: I'm using a DVI-VGA adapter to connect the PC and TV together through VGA.

Got it to work finally using VGA. Just had to restart the computer... thanks for the help!

Edited by Danzer

There is a spot for a VGA connection, but that doesn't seem to be working either.

I actually got the TV to work, but the resolution was horrible and wouldn't change to 1080i like it was before I disconnected it.

Edit: I'm using a DVI-VGA adapter to connect the PC and TV together through VGA.

Something must be wrong with the TV then, I use the setup as you all the time.