TwinFrozr II (heatsink fan broken) - new model ?

-PetitVilain

Hey guy,

I currently have an nVidia GeForce GTX560Ti (N560 GTX II-Ti TwinFrozr published by MSI).

Unfortunately, I have two broken fan blades and right when I play 3D game, the card emits huge vibration.

So I searched the net and I find this model cooler made ​​by MSI, but I do not know if it will be compatible:

http://www.msi-computer.co.jp/VGA/Twin_Frozr_II/img/Twin_Frozr_II_2D1.jpg (purs link https://www.alternate.de/html/product/MSI/Twin_Frozr_II/896386/?)

Can you tell me please if it is compatible or give me a link to a TwinFrozr compatible (or reference).

MSI takes me ~ € 100 for the repair with shipping costs, whereas if I buy myself that I would have mounted and € 45.

Thank you in advance

Edited by -PetitVilain

Isn't there just some way to replace the fan itself instead of the entire heatsink? I'm sorry I couldn't be more help, I have no experience with the Frozr cards. However, instead of purchasing the whole heatsink, you might want to check Ebay or the likes for a fan that will work.

But why not something like : Arctic Cooling Accelero Twin Turbo II VGA Cooler or something from Zalman ( if you buy from Alternate) ?

hmmm... that cooler looks good, with RAM / VR heat sinks/thermal glue included. and manual tells it's compatible with the 560 -Ti

the TwinFrozr II cooler/heat sink skips the RAMs / VRs (they're not in contact with the heat sink, it's just the GPU alone) :rolleyes:

but be advised for the Arctic's height installation clearance ;)

Edited by sword_fish

that looks nice tho i'm lost with the language :rolleyes:

but.... the box aint showing support for the GTX560, just 570/580. idk what's the difference between the 560 -Ti and the 570,580s....... dimensions.

better check those for mounting compatibilities or contact MSI to make it sure.

that looks nice tho i'm lost with the language :rolleyes:

but.... the box aint showing support for the GTX560, just 570/580. idk what's the difference between the 560 -Ti and the 570,580s....... dimensions.

better check those for mounting compatibilities or contact MSI to make it sure.

Ok

I've contacted MSI Care support. Thanks for rep.