Black Ice vs. XSPC

NikoDG

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Black ice is a better Rad but due to the CPU overclock limitation, the few degrees cooler will not overclock the chip any better. The XSPC will do fine.

Better temps will create less wear on your chip though, wouldn't they?

After a little research, the only way to get a significant performance increase out of the GTX is by using fans in excess of 2,000 RPM. That leaves me with the Gentle Typhoon 3,000 RPM model (36.5 dBA and 83.0 CFM) to go with the GTX, or a Gentle Typhoon 1,450 RPM model (21.0 dBA and 50.0 CFM) to go with the RX.

I have used the rx360. It is a great radiator and can manage the load of 2 gtx480s and an i7 920. So its a good buy regardless. I use 1500rpm scythe fans with it so the gentle typhoon fans will do great.

I have used the rx360. It is a great radiator and can manage the load of 2 gtx480s and an i7 920. So its a good buy regardless. I use 1500rpm scythe fans with it so the gentle typhoon fans will do great.

Seconded. I have his radiator and with low speed Yate Loons it rocks!

Doesn't really matter what rads you use, but the fans you use on them.

From my tech station, a single 120.1 rad in push/pull with Noctua NF-P12's running at 5V's (900RPM's) dedicated to GPU cooling was good enough to keep two GTX 460 1GB's overclocked to 950MHz at 1087mV's under 47C at max load.

That same tech station with another loop has an i7 950 d0 @ 4.31GHz 1.400v on a Swiftech 120.3 rad with MCP350 pump and six push/pull 120mm Noctua NF-P12's at ULNA (5v) at 65C max load