New HDD

acethebear

Hello, I have a 60gb crucial m4 as my main boot drive and I have been living off of that alone since I got it. I have had a 1TB Seagate Barracuda sitting in my case for some time but I have been way to lazy to just order a sata data cable and plug the thing in. I finally bought one and now I want to set it up as my storage drive. I have an Asus p8p67 pro MB and the uefi bios from asus. Right now it doesn't show the barracuda as a bootable drive in the bios and in windows 7 (home premium) it does not show that I can save anything to the drive, but it is detected. I want to set this up right so I was hoping someone could help me out vs. me trying to figure it out and screwing something up. Thanks :)

Does your BIOS read it? If so, what I had to do with my board is switch the storage mode from AHCI to IDE on my storage drive.

I don't know if that will solve it or not since a lot of what I have done to get things to work is usually unconventional. Meaning weird .* happens to my pc.

If that doesn't solve it though, could be you be a bit more specific of what you see exactly in your BIOS please? Maybe a couple of pictures to help us pick out a weird variable that might be messing things up.

:pfp: Ok, so last time I checked disk manager to try and format my drive and I said it wasn't there, I didn't maximize the window so I didn't see it listed. I partitioned it and am in the process of formatting it. Thanks for trying to help everybody. Happy Holidays!

:pfp: Ok, so last time I checked disk manager to try and format my drive and I said it wasn't there, I didn't maximize the window so I didn't see it listed. I partitioned it and am in the process of formatting it. Thanks for trying to help everybody. Happy Holidays!

:lol: That sort of thing happens to me all the time.