For all the would be software pirates.

InCrYsIs

Nope, doesn't make a bit of sense.

If what you say is true, then how is it possible for someone to cut in line and others don't say anything? Just because you apply your morals to someone else, doesn't mean they have to accept it, and if that person has different morals than you, you don't have to accept them either.

If what you say is true, how is possible for Robin Hood to be portrayed as the good guy in the story?

Nobody is twisting the arms of EA, Activision, or Bethesda executives, they choose to use DRM, not pirates. You can't blame people for things they can't control.

Do you also blame Justin Beiber or Britney Spears for what the paparazzi does? No, they can't control it, the only person that can control the guy in the bush with a camera is the guy in the bush with the camera.

Do you blame the delivery boy for a pizza that is missing the cheese? Do you blame the candle for being on fire? Do you blame the donut for when you get fat?

If you want to play the blame game, play it proper. Whoever is in charge of deciding whether to use DRM or not at a company is the one to blame if the game has DRM.

iam just so sick of Ubisoft, EA and Activison with their games requiring Internet to play, i cant play alot of games because of this. and some how new games are frequently leaked on to the internet, whats with that?

iam just so sick of Ubisoft, EA and Activison with their games requiring Internet to play, i cant play alot of games because of this. and some how new games are frequently leaked on to the internet, whats with that?

I understand your frustration, it's a prime example of DRM hurting the customer, which is something I believe to be worse than the act of piracy itself. A business should never hurt it's customers, the customer is the most important part of any business after all, it is the one thing that any business needs in order to survive and for that it should be treated with respect and loyalty.

There used to be a time when the motto "the customer is always right" was something important but anymore I think there are so many customers available that businesses are able to disrespect customers and and should the customers leave, there's still more where that came from, losing a customer is negligible when the population is this dense, and I use that with both meanings of the word. A lot of people just don't care if a company has poor policy or not, if majority did I don't think places like Wal-Mart would do as well as they do.

This is why I don't believe pirates to be at fault, it's just that most businesses maintain a poor policy and aren't afraid to kick the sand even though they should be. Actually I'm a pretty good example of business with a poor attitude, see when I was younger, about 11 years old, I got caught stealing some yu-gi-oh cards and a hacky sack from Wal-Mart, you know how they responded? Banned me for life, the 600 pound lady that stalked me through Wal-Mart looked me, a little boy, in the eyes and said I couldn't even be on their sidewalk, if I was they would call the police on me. Is that really an appropriate way for them to respond to a child for stealing $4 worth of merchandise? You know what though? I'm glad they did it, a company like that, I don't ever want them having any of my money anyway, it helped me learn that some companies are just bad and just need to go away, it helped me learn the difference between a company like Valve and Ubisoft, I was only 11 but you can be sure that I learned my lesson.

I believe it's important to support the companies that support the customer. That's a TLDR for those that hate long posts by the way. :happy:

Well, don't worry, let pirates take care of you, they fixed the need for constant internet access, in most games at least.

I downloaded Assassins Creed 2, even though I legally own it, just so I can use it on my laptop while being mobile.

Way to go Ubisoft :cheers:

Well, don't worry, let pirates take care of you, they fixed the need for constant internet access, in most games at least.

I downloaded Assassins Creed 2, even though I legally own it, just so I can use it on my laptop while being mobile.

Way to go Ubisoft :cheers:

Be careful, ComputerEd is gonna yell at you! You're a thief in his eyes. :lol:

Just a side note, If I never downloaded the Sims 3 from PB I never would've bought it from the store the next day. That said I'll never buy another EA game again. I used to torrent games when I was younger but I was broke and had no money. I don't anymore because truthfully, there's no reason too. While being a broke butt might've been a valid excuse at some point, with the advent of all the free to play games now a days it's not. I've wasted many hours on TF2 league of legends HoN WoW Tribes etc. all of which are free. Pirating sort of hits a grey area on games you can't buy anymore anyways that are really old. I legally bought homeworld AOE2 and other games when they came out but good luck finding those in stores.

Anyways, I think they are completely bull crapping us. Nothing is 100% accurate, ever, if it was computers would never crash ever. It just seems like a bunch of lies in an attempt to fear monger people away from pirating the game. I never had much interest in CDP games, and now I don't for sure. I won't pirate the game to "get back at them" that honestly I'm sure a lot of people will do, and I won't buy their game, or even mention them. In fact, I'm going to do the worst thing possible for their company, completely ignore them. No money, no publicity, no business at all.

Edited by OrangeJuice

Be careful, ComputerEd is gonna yell at you! You're a thief in his eyes. :lol:

Oh noes! Not Computer Ed! Is he gonna lecture us to death? :lol:

You are all spawn of SATAN! woot.gif

I personally agree that I hate some of the methods of protection these companies use. I have a few games I legally own that I have gotten various cracks for so that I can use them in another location or without messing with the crap they call copy protection.

Well it's a decent article but but I think a better thread to post it in would be this one, which is our fourth or fifth thread talking about SOPA. :lol:

Fair enough. I figured it in with the piracy chat in here since it was such a long thread/argument. But the fact that this is even being considered is just another notch in my end of america beliefs.

To fuel the piracy debate a little bit further Torrentfreak published a list of 2011's most pirated games. Funnily enough The Witcher 2 didn't break the top 5 pc, so i'm curious as whether the CD Projeckt are going to retract their "optimistic estimate" that it was pirated 4.5m times. This is why i hate when devs/publishers cry about piracy hurting them and pull "statistics" out of their butt. what are the odds that CD Projeckt is pulling the "100% accuracy in identifying pirates" out of there too?

Top PC Game Downloads on BitTorrent in 2011

Crysis 2 (3,920,000)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (3,650,000)

Battlefield 3 (3,510,000)

FIFA 12 (3,390,000)

Portal 2 (3,240,000)

Top Xbox 360 Game Downloads on BitTorrent in 2011

Gears of War 3 (890,000)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (830,000)

Battlefield 3 (760,000)

Forza Motorsport 4 (720,000)

Kinect Sports: Season Two (690,000)

Top Wii Game Downloads on BitTorrent in 2011

Super Mario Galaxy 2 (1,280,000)

Mario Sports Mix (1,090,000)

Xenoblade Chronicles (950,000)

Lego Pirates of the Caribbean (870,000)

FIFA 12 (860,000)

Overall, the number of downloads of the top titles in each category is slightly lower than last year. The platforms that are not mentioned, such as the PS3, get considerably less downloads and are excluded for that reason.

The data for these estimated download numbers is collected by TorrentFreak from several sources, including reports from all public BitTorrent trackers.

source