Overclocking i7 2600k

StaticFusion

Sensors are not correct. He would need a ambients in the mid teens to get those temps.

Is that so impossible?

Broaden your mind a little there are those that dont have a 25C+ ambient....

I know I love temps in the low teens because the heat pisses me off.

So in winter time my room is often 16C and lower and normal internet browsing and some gaming use results in sub to 20C temps with 25C peaks if I run prime I can push it up but it stays damn cold colder than it is now in normal us with 30C ambient grrr.

Yes this is a 212+ too, next winter I will push for 4.5ghz+ again with my 2500k. Only went to 4.3ghz last time because it was the tail of winter when I got it.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that so impossible?

Broaden your mind a little there are those that dont have a 25C+ ambient....

I know I love temps in the low teens because the heat pisses me off.

So in winter time my room is often 16C and lower and normal internet browsing and some gaming use results in sub to 20C temps with 25C peaks if I run prime I can push it up but it stays damn cold colder than it is now in normal us with 30C ambient grrr.

Yes this is a 212+ too, next winter I will push for 4.5ghz+ again with my 2500k. Only went to 4.3ghz last time because it was the tail of winter when I got it.

Screen shots or your fired. Simple. Load 1 hr prime95

your talking 4,3GHz. That is nothing. Stay on track with the OP please.

Edited by Drdeath

Screen shots or your fired. Simple. Load 1 hr prime95

your talking 4,3GHz. That is nothing. Stay on track with the OP please.

Chill out dude as I said I have 30C ambient atm I aint running an oc of 4.5ghz + with the temp like that, I dropped my 4.3 also because it was running far hotter than I would like.

As you said low teens...

Sensors are not correct. He would need a ambients in the mid teens to get those temps.

....would make the OPs OC perfectly fine and i was saying that it is perfectly normal for people to have temps in the low teens.

What I have said is on track as well...

Bull crap 70 with prime at 1.45V. That would beat my custom water and you have a hyper 212? Get real

well i live in a cold place so im able to get colder running temps

and this...

my thermomitor was playing up so got the wrong Ambiants it really is 19C sry

relatively low and who is to say ambient wasn't even 5C or so lower when he was still stable at 1.45v.

I would love some screenshots too just be patient and not instantly dismissive and forcefully at that.

Also, fiered? Really.... I didn't even know I was hired, if so where is my payouts for an unfair dismissal...

Just be a little more open minded and have some faith in this guy no need to be so closed to the idea that he had a 4.8GHz OC at reasonable temps.

As for the ambient temperature thing, yeah, he could have a range of temps in the low teens. Considering I enjoy living in a refrigerator and right now it is snowing, I have my window open, and my celling fan running, I would assume I would have a 0C ambient temperature. Considering my situation, ambient temps in the low teens doesn't sound unreasonable. So like stoner said, don't be so quick to dismiss. There could be a hundred factors like ambient temps, or just a some really odd situation.

Also Dr. Death, don't go around throwing mud at people especially Stonerboy. He has been a really good asset to this website and has helped a lot of people out including myself. Going around picking apart peoples post apart like you have been can be a good thing if it is constructive, but you are usually destructive and generally wrong. Doing it to someone like me may be ok considering I might have caused some tension in the past :teehee: but I think picking on a guy like stoner when you are as far off as you are is starting to get a little carried away.

I hope you were being sarcastic or that there was some misunderstanding, but if not I think you are just throwing mud at post. We would all much rather hear WHY you think what you do than to see you bash it without reason. I think criticizing is always good, but you need to focus on making your comments a bit more constructive. If you could do that, you might end up showing me, stoner, and a lot of other people something we hadn't considered. But to continue the way you are now is just going to get you nowhere.