need help/advice on watercooling

StoneBridge

hi!

i want to purchase a water cooling kit for my cpu and add a gpu block when the radeon 7900 series comes.(system in sig)

I'll be buying from aquatuning cuz their shipping to norway. (open for other suggestions)

my case is lancool pc-k59

i wanted to get the xspc rasa rx240 but i can only fit 2x140mm fans in the top of my case. i can mount it son the side panel, but since i open the case quite often i figured that it was not such a good idea(?).

my budget is 250-300$

what i'm thinking on buying so far

Rads: Phobya G-Changer 280 and Phobya G-Changer 120 Ver. 1.2 Black

Pump/Res: XSPC X2O 200 Single 5,25' Bay Pump station or XSPC X2O 750 Dual 5.25 Bay reservoir pump <--- can't be used with high rpm fans, cuz then i need a fan controller and i only have 2 free 5.25" bays( i like to sleep with my computer on :thumbsup: )

CPU Block: XSPC RayStorm CPU AMD

Tubes, Fittings and Fans: have no clue.. :whistling:

i would appreciate your opinions and i'm open for ideas! :teehee:

Stonebridge!

That case in mind is not the best options. IMHO for doing a video card and processor IMHO. For a single VGA and processor I recommend a triple 120mm radiator at least. You could use a 120mm single radiator in the back of the case and that would improve the temps mid loop so just keep that in mind. You could also in addition to that use a radbox from swiftech and mount a dual or triple radiator to improve tems and coling but that is all external. For doing just the processor that single bay Res and baby pump should work fine but if going to gpus I would use the dual bay Res with the bigger pump or an mcp655 with a dual bay Res for the pump. Use some 1200rpm fans or less for the radiators as that will keep them quiet. Ill give you more info when I get home in front of my computer cause this is all my cell is capable of. LOL

Cheers and talk to you later. Boinker

i know its not the best case, but i bought it 2 months ago, i'm not ready for a new case just yet. my plans for the rads were to mount 2x140mm top and 120mm in back. i might be able to fit a 2x140 in the front of the case with some modding on the hard drive cages. and i figured i can drop the 5.25" res and just go for an internal, and use the bays for fan controller or something cool :thumbsup:

i found thisfan and it seems quite powerful! is push/pull necessary? and control the fans with this

Edit: i'm only going to get 1 gpu, so i wonderd if this pump will do? the one you suggested is a little expensive.. (i totally forgot the VAT in norway is 25%)

Edited by StoneBridge

I can't say as I have never used that pump before. Sorry.

And no, push pull is t necessary but you can do it to marginally increase performance. And iT veriest from fan to fan versus what radiator your using.

Can you stretch your budget to this pump this pump. then you can couple it with this res and keep it mounted down the bottom of the case. Which would mean should you choose you could even put a dual 5.25" bay touch screen fan controller with temp, rpm read outs ect.

i think i can do that. but do i need anything else to connect the pump to the res. or is everything i need in the package? and what about this pump and res?

and i think i'm rather going with this cpu block.

any opinions?

Edited by StoneBridge

what i'm thinking on buying so far

Rads: Phobya G-Changer 280 and Phobya G-Changer 120 Ver. 1.2 Black

Pump/Res: XSPC X2O 200 Single 5,25' Bay Pump station or XSPC X2O 750 Dual 5.25 Bay reservoir pump <--- can't be used with high rpm fans, cuz then i need a fan controller and i only have 2 free 5.25" bays( i like to sleep with my computer on :thumbsup: )

CPU Block: XSPC RayStorm CPU AMD

Tubes, Fittings and Fans: have no clue.. :whistling:

i would appreciate your opinions and i'm open for ideas! :teehee:

Stonebridge!

I have been considering that pump/res for a cpu only solution but wouldn't trust it to doing a cpu/gpu loop. Though I havent tried it yet so dont know how it will perform.

As far as the water bloock I prefer the EK blocks, i've had pretty good luck with them.

And if your going cpu/gpu you will want at least good triple rad.

And if your going cpu/gpu you will want at least good triple rad.

my plan is to buy two 2x140mm 60mm thick rads. perhaps one now just for the cpu, and one later when i have decided to go with amd hd7000 series or maybe nvidia gtx600 series. i doubt i will go CF/SLI(maybe after 2 years or so).

my plan is to buy two 2x140mm 60mm thick rads. perhaps one now just for the cpu, and one later when i have decided to go with amd hd7000 series or maybe nvidia gtx600 series. i doubt i will go CF/SLI(maybe after 2 years or so).

That sounds like a Good plan to me. I would run the radiators post processor and post gpu. That should keep the temps down enough depending on what video cards and what oc you have on it.

i think i can do that. but do i need anything else to connect the pump to the res. or is everything i need in the package? and what about this pump and res?

and i think i'm rather going with this cpu block.

any opinions?

If you go the pump res combo I recommended then you will get twice the water flow rate up from 13 to 25L/m. The ek block is good and do avoid their nikel plated blocks tho. However there straight copper blocks are great.

For your rads I would suggest xspc rx rads they only come in 120mm but are very great performers and very reasonably priced. 8fpi so the will allow plenty of air through relatively quickly and quietly. Again rates of change are the most important for great cooling the faster you can move things water and air the better.

If you go the pump res combo I recommended then you will get twice the water flow rate up from 13 to 25L/m. The ek block is good and do avoid their nikel plated blocks tho. However there straight copper blocks are great.

For your rads I would suggest xspc rx rads they only come in 120mm but are very great performers and very reasonably priced. 8fpi so the will allow plenty of air through relatively quickly and quietly. Again rates of change are the most important for great cooling the faster you can move things water and air the better.

how many degrees can i possibly gain from getting the faster pump you suggested? cause i'm already a bit over budget :whistling:

and i can only fit one 120mm fan in my case, and there is not enough space for an backside mount. so the xspc rads are not relevant for me. :-/