xfx 6870 2gb or standard 6870?

apwb081289

im looking at upgrading my gpu to a 6870 (pretty much what my budget can take), im looking at the xfx 6870 2gb version over the standatd 6870 or the 6870 oc as i am looking at keeping it for a while and am thinking that the 2gb would benefit me in the future more. is this a sound theory or would it just be better to go for a standard 1gb 6870 with better cooling?

also i need to upgrade my psu to accommodate the gpu and want a modular 750w so i will not have to spend more at a later date when i upgrade more. can anyone suggest any sub £100 mark?

If you have or are planning to get a 1080p monitor (1920x1080 res) or something big you'll want the 2GB version. It'll obviously be worth the price as a card but it's efficiency depends on the monitor. I don't know how old your current GPU is but I would suggest waiting for the new 7000 series and saving up for those since they'll be released soon. They seem like they're going to be quite fast.

As for the psu, Corsair has models that are modular and they're not that expensive. Like the Corsair MPSU-750HX.