Build a 1155 PC

Hey guys,

I was asked to start a new build thread, from this thread http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=188752

I was thinking of getting new components to build a newer computer. I was looking at the socket 1336 socket, but have been told that the socket 1155 is a lot better and newer.

I really like the Gigabyte G1 Sniper, and also I am looking for something that will be future proof and not expensive.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys!

Okay few more things needed-

-budget

-what you want ie-

Do you need a full build inclusive of HDDs and GPU ect or is this just CPU, mobo and ram.

Either way based off what you originally wanted when you were looking 1336 I suggest i7-2600k, 8gb(2x4gb) ddr3 1600Mhz whatever is cheapest and of reputable brand, also could go the gigabyte sniper board but it's overpriced imo. My money is on the msi gd80, asus p8z68 gen3 or asrock rampage 3 (I think...)

Okay few more things needed-

-budget

-what you want ie-

Do you need a full build inclusive of HDDs and GPU ect or is this just CPU, mobo and ram.

Either way based off what you originally wanted when you were looking 1336 I suggest i7-2600k, 8gb(2x4gb) ddr3 1600Mhz whatever is cheapest and of reputable brand, also could go the gigabyte sniper board but it's overpriced imo. My money is on the msi gd80, asus p8z68 gen3 or asrock rampage 3 (I think...)

Thanks for your reply.

My budget is £600, and I have an H80 water cooler, but with my current Asus P5Q Premium, the H80 will not fit on that mobo. So since I couldn't get it to fit, I have been put off ASUS now.

This is for only the mobo, CPU and RAM. A friend of mine said always try get the best MHz RAM for your mobo. I wouldn't really want 16GB RAM, so 8GB is all I really need.

Also am wanting an ATX or bigger, as this is the case I am getting too: AeroCool X-Predator Case

Thank you for your help :)

Is the budget JUST for the mobo processor and ram and not for the whole build? I am just going to pretend it is for the whole build. I suggest you give Asus another try and get one of their motherboards, otherwise go with Asrock, a 2500K processor, and corsair or mushkin ram. For the case I would go with a silver stone raven.

I haven't listed any particular items because you haven't given us a store to look at items. I don't what the prices are in the UK, so if you could give me a link to a online store and clear up what the budget is for exactly ( and I know that is probably a stupid question, but I don't want to assume anything) I will get back to you with specifics.

Is the budget JUST for the mobo processor and ram and not for the whole build? I am just going to pretend it is for the whole build. I suggest you give Asus another try and get one of their motherboards, otherwise go with Asrock, a 2500K processor, and corsair or mushkin ram. For the case I would go with a silver stone raven.

I haven't listed any particular items because you haven't given us a store to look at items. I don't what the prices are in the UK, so if you could give me a link to a online store and clear up what the budget is for exactly ( and I know that is probably a stupid question, but I don't want to assume anything) I will get back to you with specifics.

Thank you for your reply :)

The budget is just for the mobo, CPU and RAM, I am looking at http://overclockers.co.uk/

My aim is to get a really good gaming rig all set up, I have an MSI GTX 560Ti Twin Frozr II. The case I am wanting to get is really big, that has 10 expansion slots on the back. The case I am wanting to get is at http://www.ebuyer.com/309193-aerocool-x-predator-case-x-predator

Thank you for your help.

I suggest that you spend less on the ram/cpu/motherboard and more on the graphics. Also do you have an ssd?

Here's what I would recommend instead:

Cpu

Ram

Motherboard

SSD

Extra gtx560

Also I would recommend getting this case instead as xclio has a fairly bad reputation.

How about this price for the same CPU?

As for future-proofing, I highly recommend low profile RAM. The Sniper is getting there, but G.Skill makes low profile RAM too (see my sig). If you ever use an air cooler like the Silver Arrow, low profile RAM will not get in the way of anything.