[Q] Thoughts on the AsRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3?

Will be interested to hear how this works out for you. Have been considering a new Intel build and the ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL GEN3 and ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 are two of the boards I've been looking at. Have used ASUS and Gigabyte over the years but ASRock seems to be getting good reviews and I especially like the slot layout on these two boards.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well im not that good at reviews since i dont have that much experience in this area but i try to pull something off just so people stop thinking bad things about asrock :)

Edited by Palmaaa

Hello everyone!

Im going to upgrade my desktop in a few days and i would like to know what you guys think of the AsRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3?

I would like to read your opinions on Asrock boards specially this one since i hear bad things about asrock by my friends at work!

I warn you that im not an expert on this kind of stuff. By my hand this is my first build so sorry if any dumb questions come along!

Thank you very much for any reply given!

PS: Tjj dont think im doubting you! i just created this thread to get some opinions! :lol:

ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Motherboard , I have this board and have owned it for about a year. I am running an i5-2500K on it. It works like a champ. I had a ZOTAC GTX 460 AMPed! in it for a while and gamed with ity. Ran great. It is now in my HTPC just running graphics off the mobo and it perfect (though I admit it is overkill for a HTPC) but I planned to have that in my back pocket as a backup mobo/cpu I could pull to use whenever I had the need. Any way IMHO it is a great board. I have not OC'd it but the BIOS offerings look pretty robust.

Ron

ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Gen3 Motherboard , I have this board and have owned it for about a year. I am running an i5-2500K on it. It works like a champ. I had a ZOTAC GTX 460 AMPed! in it for a while and gamed with ity. Ran great. It is now in my HTPC just running graphics off the mobo and it perfect (though I admit it is overkill for a HTPC) but I planned to have that in my back pocket as a backup mobo/cpu I could pull to use whenever I had the need. Any way IMHO it is a great board. I have not OC'd it but the BIOS offerings look pretty robust.

Ron

We stretched Andre's budget for the 560 TI vs the 560, so he doesn't have the ability to go with the extreme 4. If you are just saying that the boards shouldn't be to far apart and you think it is a good board because of your expierience, then I totally agree.

Personally, as long as it doesn't any BIOS issues, I would be happy with it. :lol:

Edited by Tjj226_Angel