[Q] Thoughts on the AsRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3?

Thank you! The overclock is something that i have in my mind to do but in a few months when i get more money to buy a decent case and a cooler :)

See palmaaa, I do make good suggestions :lol: . Your friends would be right about what they have to say about asrock 4 or 5 years ago. However, the company has really stepped up in build quality. I think you will be very happy with the board, and even if it is dead on arrival, you will at least get pretty decent RMA support from the company. For the moment, Asrock is beating out MSI for boards, because MSI is having a ton of problems with the BIOS and they don't have the greatest tech support. So for a company like Asrock to make a better board than MSI, means a lot.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought an AsRock 890GX Pro for a friend's machine and it's AMAZING for the money and just in general. Definitely put a STRONG POSITIVE first impression in my mouth for the company as it's the first AsRock I've ever used.

From personal experience with ASRock (I Have the P67 Extreme4)....

STAY AWAY.

Well i havent heard nothing bad about AsRock lately! What makes you say that?

Thank you Tjj for the advice and thank you all for the replies!

I have an ASRock 870 and never had a problem with it. My buddy just got the X79 Extreme 4-m and it's amazing. There's areason ASRock is the 3rd largest MB manufacturer. Mine got my 1035T to 3.71 from 2.8 (Have to change my siggy).

Just remember.... There's always a chance of fail, no matter what company you go with.

Edited by Lord_Guy

From personal experience with ASRock (I Have the P67 Extreme4)....

STAY AWAY.

Ditto on this. I had the 890FX Deluxe5 and while it worked "fine" it certainly wasn't worth the premium I paid for it nor was ASRock support all that helpful when I contacted them about BIOS issues.

Ditto on this. I had the 890FX Deluxe5 and while it worked "fine" it certainly wasn't worth the premium I paid for it nor was ASRock support all that helpful when I contacted them about BIOS issues.

What does this have to do with a Z68 motherboard Waco? And the thread is an Extreme 3.

I bought an AsRock 890GX Pro for a friend's machine and it's AMAZING for the money and just in general. Definitely put a STRONG POSITIVE first impression in my mouth for the company as it's the first AsRock I've ever used.

Yup from 890, 990 and Z68 boards they rock

Edited by Drdeath

Well Drdeath the thread is mainly about the z68 extreme3 but i also wanted opinions about asrock in general since i've been told that is not really that good!

But thank you very much for your reply!

Appreciate it!

What does this have to do with a Z68 motherboard Waco? And the thread is an Extreme 3.

If you can't read what is posted why do you post at all? It's obvious why I posted what I did.