Need Fan Help

Pccg has them for $19 if it helps

I thought about them which rpm ones are you planning on getting?

If so please post once you have them opinion on sound levels and performance at whatever rpm they are and also at the 800rpm the lowest ones are.

Would be muchly appreciated :happy:

Edit: typo on price

im going to be getting the 1850 rpm ones, cause im using the thick hwlabs rads.

and im picking these up for 17 bucks each

im going to be getting the 1850 rpm ones, cause im using the thick hwlabs rads.

and im picking these up for 17 bucks each

Fair enough I will be using rx rads with an fpi of 8

Found this review while still looking around.

NOCTUA P12

Special thanks to Masika for sponsoring this fan

I've tested and retested this fan a few times now on various test beds and this round on the MCR120 was it's worst yet. Not sure why, but the fan on this radiator resonated really bad at 12V and also a bit at 7V.

I've noticed a little resonating in my prior round of tests on the RS120, but it wasn't quite this strong.

Electrical efficiency and CFM/RPM is almost exactly the same as the yate medium. Noise level however was higher and noise quality roughly the same where resonance didn't occur, but much worse where I did have trouble.

Not a good test...I guess I expected more for the price and for it's high and dense blade count... The fan is also fairly limited in RPM range 840-1377 is all you get. On the bright side I do like the overall construction of the fan and packaging, the casting quality looks good and it feels well made.

Thats not very good not liking that at all....

It is all quite well set up but unfortunately it is done with a rad that is 20 fpi aposed to my 8 which is a massive difference and would change a lot so I wanted to know if anyone had any similar sort of reviews they have seen that have used a lower fpi rad.

Also it doesn't matter if fans are in or out of stock the build will be put together over a series of months.

Silence or as near to it as possible people is my aim so please try and find fans that are down at or below 15db max

TJ and Spectra

The Couger fans i have looked before for them in aus and i found a few that are just as expensive or more expensive than noctua grrr grrr grumble grumble Then shipping needed to be added on top. Plus the only ones i could find where single side mount couldn't find there rubber orange one in aus at all.

The Enermax Magmas are a little loud and i am struggling to find any review of it undervolted there is also the enermax silence I could get specs as follows but cant find any reviews of it.

EN-UCTB12spec.jpg

So that is 40cfm at 9db with air pressure of 0.8 not sure if it's true or not.

I do not see 70CFM coming from a 120mm fan that pushes 900-1000 rpm at best. Maybe at 1500RPM but that is a tough one to swallow. Just think. there are fans over twice its size rated at the same rpm for airflow that is close.

I do not see 70CFM coming from a 120mm fan that pushes 900-1000 rpm at best. Maybe at 1500RPM but that is a tough one to swallow. Just think. there are fans over twice its size rated at the same rpm for airflow that is close.

it's 70 meters cubed per hour convert it to cfm it is only 40cfm which i still dont believe at 9db and 900rpm

it's 70 meters cubed per hour convert it to cfm it is only 40cfm which i still dont believe at 9db and 900rpm

anything quoted at less than around 18db is pretty much false, as 18 db is as quiet as you can hear in the situation of a fan on a rad in a case (unless you put your ear right up to it)

change of plans with the rad, im now going to be using a few 120.4 black ice sr1s, which are 9fpi.

still going with the 1850 rpm gentle typhoons but with a fan controller (the lamptron fc8)

anything quoted at less than around 18db is pretty much false, as 18 db is as quiet as you can hear in the situation of a fan on a rad in a case (unless you put your ear right up to it)

change of plans with the rad, im now going to be using a few 120.4 black ice sr1s, which are 9fpi.

still going with the 1850 rpm gentle typhoons but with a fan controller (the lamptron fc8)

That is perfect if you can tell me subjectively what you think of noise levels and undervolt them to 800rpm with a comparison of performance and noise it would be incredibly helpful.

i have a DD Black Ice GTS140.2 - Stealth rad on one of my builds with 4 yate loon medium speed fans

Stats...

Model #: D14SM-12

Dimensions: 140 x 140 x 20 mm

Air Flow Max.: 62.0 CFM

Noise Level Max.: 29 dBA

Fan Speed: 1400 RPM ± 10%

Operation Voltage: 6.5 ~ 13.8 Volts DC

Input current Max.: 0.70 Amps

you cant even hear that the fans are turned on.

as you can see he fans are right out in the open, and are no more then 5' from where i sit all day at wrok. at 29dba you cant even hear them

ceca3bd5.jpg

Damn your Australian stores. Your dollar is actually stronger than ours and you still pay more. I do want to let you know that I sent a letter to newegg saying they need to ship internationally. While I know this doesn't help you at all, and will accomplish nothing. I just want to let you know I am doing all I can for your situation and your Australian counterparts, because for newegg not to ship internationally is just well....stupid. :rtfm:

Damn your Australian stores. Your dollar is actually stronger than ours and you still pay more. I do want to let you know that I sent a letter to newegg saying they need to ship internationally. While I know this doesn't help you at all, and will accomplish nothing. I just want to let you know I am doing all I can for your situation and your Australian counterparts, because for newegg not to ship internationally is just well....stupid. :rtfm:

:lol: hahaha nice thanks for complaining TJ :cheers:

I am thinking also there is bugger all good reviews of low fpi rads and fans for them.

So I wan't to know who would want to see me start my own fan reviews comparing in a controlled situation noise and performance while using no rad, push, pull and push/pull on a rad using two rads as comparison. One an xspc rx120 with fpi of 8 and the other a koolance 120 rad with a fpi or 30.

Been meaning to get a class a, c sound level meter. Will also get an aneometer and allready have plenty of meters for mesuring voltage and amperage.

Anyone interested in seeing this done?