Go ASRock!

Waco

I agree with you...they call those Teething issues...

remember all those pissed off people who bought quad core Phenoms and got spanked by dual core Brisbanes....? I know I had several brisbanes that were awesome once you learned the memory controller quirks...

Some benching with my old CPU pushed to 3.5 GHz:

http://3dmark.com/compare/3dmv/3595925/3dmv/3595598

Higher FPS in games at almost 900 MHz slower. :mfp:

Time to talk to Newegg I guess...I can't justify the absolutely massive increase in power draw (I measured the CPU to pull roughly 300 watts on its own when overclocked) and the loss in performance.

Some benching with my old CPU pushed to 3.5 GHz:

http://3dmark.com/compare/3dmv/3595925/3dmv/3595598

Higher FPS in games at almost 900 MHz slower. :mfp:

Time to talk to Newegg I guess...I can't justify the absolutely massive increase in power draw (I measured the CPU to pull roughly 300 watts on its own when overclocked) and the loss in performance.

Have you tested it in real games at least?

Good to see ASRock being proactive about these initail BIOS issues and trying to at least help :thumbsup: Sad to see AMD not increasing competition in the marketplace, which always helps us the consumers!

Like Smith, I'm curious about the real world (games) as well, although the benchmarks don't look very optimistic!

Have you tested it in real games at least?

Yup. It's noticeably more more laggy in anything CPU-intensive. The Binding of Isaac (on Steam) is extremely laggy on the 8120 even overclocked...whereas with my Phenom II it's buttery-smooth. :mad:

It's going back to Newegg at this point. It's not worth spending over $200 for less performance on 99% of what I do.

I went about 3 months of suggesting the ASRock P67 Extreme4 board for anyone looking in that price range, but since I've had multiple problems (On week 6 of not having a computer because my board died again, and I can't fix it, even after an RMA. Not sure if my CPU died too, yet.), I've stopped recommending it in favor of Gigabyte's P67A-UD4, or MSI's GD65 board.

Sad to say, but I don't see myself recommending ASRock anymore.

Agreed. I was happy with the board till I actually needed support from them. That, combined with the nuclear inferno that is Bulldozer, exposed all of the weak points on the board and the BIOS.

UPS is taking care of it now - Newegg gave me a credit for it so I should be able to get something more appropriately matched to my GPUs. :lol:

Im sorry to hear you guys had some bumps with ASRock. This is my first board with them and Im very satisfied so far. Although Ive used DFI, Asus, and Gigabyte too. Mostly Gigabyte boards but i wanted the New UEFI so.....