Proper cooler for my needs

SkytTe

Hi there :wave:

My systems specs are in my signature. If I were to overclock my Phenom II 955 BE to, let's say, 3.8 GHz, I guess I will be needing an aftermarket CPU cooler instead of the stock one.

I've been looking around, and I want a cooler in the range of 200-300 DKK (35$-55$). It has to be silent and still be able to move a lot of air.

The coolers I've been looking at: CM Hyper 212+, Corsair A50/A70, AC Freezer Rev. 2, AC Freezer 13 Pro, Zalman CNPS10X Performa.

I could really need some help here, since all the reviews are all tested differently and therefore incomparable. If you want to, you can come with some suggestions from this danish site

Regards,

Skytte

Edited by SkytTe

i have the V8 but i'm not saying it's the best but seems the Scythe's getting my attention lately.

the Mugen 3 perhaps, bit beyond your budget tho.

Ye, I'm sure they're nice, but both of them beyong my budget :-/

2 votes for the Hyper 212+, that's great to see! :cheers:

Will I benifit from an extra fan in order to achieve the pull/push function? And in that case, would it still be better than the Corsair A70?

CM 212+ is good cooler... +1

I have hdt-1283 I bought it cheap for $29 and with this fan it is great combination ...

review hdt-1283

My E7500 @ 3.67GHz load temps are max 60 celsius I use stock fan .. I got 4GHz but didn't test it for stability yet, its booting and working fine in games ...

S1283 is my recommendation .. XIGMATEK RED SCORPION S1283 , and this fan is in packet so you don't need to buy additional

Edited by prophetd7

CM 212+ is good cooler... +1

I have hdt-1283 I bought it cheap for $29 and with this fan it is great combination ...

review hdt-1283

My E7500 @ 3.67GHz load temps are max 60 celsius I use stock fan .. I got 4GHz but didn't test it for stability yet, its booting and working fine in games ...

S1283 is my recommendation .. XIGMATEK RED SCORPION S1283 , and this fan is in packet so you don't need to buy additional

Thank you for your reply and recommendations, but I'm afraid I can't use the HDT since I'm running a Phenom II X4 CPU (AM3 socket), which this one doesn't support :down:

Thank you for your reply and recommendations, but I'm afraid I can't use the HDT since I'm running a Phenom II X4 CPU (AM3 socket), which this one doesn't support :down:

Sorry I didn't check that ... You could get this one same thing and you can push/pull it ..

Edited by prophetd7