Laptop overheating, sort of.

Imagine

Hey guys, so last night I was trying to get back into CoD5:WaW but was only able to get through 1 hour of gameplay before my computer shut off. By touching it, I could tell it was heat. I also realise I've owned this laptop for 6months and I haven't actually cleaned it out so I thought "hey I could get this done during this week. Also while I was at it, I thought I may as well replace the thermal paste on it.

I've decided to by this can of compressed air;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Duster-Compressed-Flammable-400ml/dp/B000MQ7DZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316301987&sr=8-1

As for thermal paste though I'm clueless about which one to buy. I was thinking of Arctic Silver 5 because it seems to have an excellent reputation around the internet but I was wondering if there is anything better to replace it. Oh and could anyone give some tips as to how I could better cool my laptop. My specs are below in my sig.

Hey guys, so last night I was trying to get back into CoD5:WaW but was only able to get through 1 hour of gameplay before my computer shut off. By touching it, I could tell it was heat. I also realise I've owned this laptop for 6months and I haven't actually cleaned it out so I thought "hey I could get this done during this week. Also while I was at it, I thought I may as well replace the thermal paste on it.

I've decided to by this can of compressed air;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Star-Duster-Compressed-Flammable-400ml/dp/B000MQ7DZC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316301987&sr=8-1

As for thermal paste though I'm clueless about which one to buy. I was thinking of Arctic Silver 5 because it seems to have an excellent reputation around the internet but I was wondering if there is anything better to replace it. Oh and could anyone give some tips as to how I could better cool my laptop. My specs are below in my sig.

What is the actual model of laptop you have those specs are a little useless.

Oh sorry about that. The laptop is a Compal NBLB2 barebone, effectively this. The current specs are

Intel Core i7 720QM

4GB DDR3 1333MHz

ATi Radeon HD 5650 1GB GDDR3

500GB WD Scorpio Black

I used AS5 on mine to see if it would help and it did a little (Intel® Pentium® Processor T3200) maybe 1-2C, but what really has helped mine stay cooler was just a simple laptop cooler fan under it. It helps increase air flow around the case as well as prevent soft material like blankets or pant legs from covering the vents. I started with something cheaper but had 2 tiny little fans and didn't do much, but once this came out, http://www.amazon.com/Thermaltake-Massive23-Notebook-Oversized-CLN0015/dp/B003ZUXXWO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1316356064&sr=8-1, Bought and love it, I have seen a diff when using it. Deff get some canned air though, any brand will do, and blow that sucker out every so often depending on how long its on and the dust levels where your at.

vaccum cleaner on intakes (so the dust from the canned air gets sucked out), and put something under it so you have 2"=5cm clearance under the intakes (a book or similar is usually enough), just something to get it off the desk.