a new AR-15

camaro_dude15

You may want to check HERE to see if your getting a good deal at your local shop.

Lots of time, even with the transfer fee (usually about $25-30), you can get a better deal on-line or get them to price match.

Just like any computer you'll get better performance building it yourself. Personally I'd go with a full bushmaster lower and a good piston driven upper. Would be way more reliable than the gas tubes and far easier to clean. also 5.56 is your friend .223 is nothing but a .22lr with a spray on tan that rivals The Situation :P

You can also keep an eye out on this website. You can narrow search down to your state and even private party or dealer. Sometimes you'll run across a new rifle or gently used one at a really good price. If you're not in a hurry and don't mind "shopping" around you might find an outstanding deal.

http://www.armslist.com/posts/191423/fayetteville-arkansas-rifles-for-sale-trade--colt-match-hbar-ar-15

ok so i went back to the gun shop today and they have a lighlty used dpms ar, with no sights for 500, i think this is a good deal becuase i didnt like any of the sights they had on there other ar's so this way i wont end up with an extra set of sights that i dont like