Settle Period For As5

c-moss

hey all,

Just installed a new sp-94 with an Enermax 92mm fan, and some AS5. i have a p4 3.2, and got idle around 40 and load between 60-62, now i get idle 37 and load around 50-51 when runnin Prime95. Was wondering what time frame the AS5 is supposed to cure and work better. I've heard that i might get better results in up to a week. You think it will drop any in temp, or should i not be concered? Are these new temps all right, not too familiar with temps and such. How many degress do you think a Vantex Tornado would take off, should i not even worry about it?

p4 3.2

ic7-max3

2GB Geil pc3500 dual channel

PNY Quadro FX 500 128mb

Seagate Sata Drives

Aspire X-Superalien case

those temps are alright but could be better, usually it takes around like 200 hours or something. once it does u should see like a 5 degree change as for a tornado, it would probably do maybe a 10 degrees or something, but do u really think u could havndle the noise, they are very loud.

Just installed a new sp-94 with an Enermax 92mm fan, and some AS5. i have a p4 3.2, and got idle around 40 and load between 60-62, now i get idle 37 and load around 50-51 when runnin Prime95. Was wondering what time frame the AS5 is supposed to cure and work better. I've heard that i might get better results in up to a week. You think it will drop any in temp, or should i not be concered?

I would be concerned... considering i have a similar setup with idle temps at 27 load at 36c....(sp-94, 2.8c)

How much paste did u use?

I applied a little extra over what their website recommends. I mean, i used to get around 60c max load, and now its about 50, so the new HSF setup did help. we'll see if the temps get any better in about a week

There not gonna get much better, only by 2-4 degrees C....

If i were u take the HSF off, clean it with rubbing alcohol , along with your processor, and put as much as the instructions say to do, about the size of half a grain of rice....