need help Star Craft 2

smokeyvdberg

hay people!! i need some advice!! my star craft 2 is lagging and i don't know why?? i mean my system specs is way over what they recommend!!

Even if you think you're system is good enough to run the game it might be better to post it's specs to make sure otherwise you aren't really giving us much to work with.

Also, are you experiencing low fps, or just lag when you play online?

hay people!! i need some advice!! my star craft 2 is lagging and i don't know why?? i mean my system specs is way over what they recommend!!

Not a lot to work off of >_>

OS?

CPU utilization?

Temps?

Build age?

Give us some more info. Is it FPS lag or internet based?

Are you using SLI? I had a lot of frame rate issues with my 8800GTS SLI. From your specs I would disable SLI and see if that helps.

By the way, everyone his specs are in is profile page

Asus P8P67 Pro (B3)

Corsair Domminator GT 8GB

Intel core i7 2600k

MSI n560GTX-Ti Hawk x2 (SLI)

CoolerMaster HAF 922

Seagate barracuda 1TB

2x seagate barracuda 500GB

Corsair GS700 PSU

Edited by Black6464

Does the SA in your profile mean South Africa? If so are you playing on Europe? What is your internet connection?

nvm

So, you should try switching up the regions and see how that goes. Also, you should set all your graphical settings to LOW and play the game. That way we'll know if it's an issue with your computer or not (even if it is supposed to run the game on max). Basically if you still get lag on low it means that either there's something amiss with your PC, or that you are lagging online. If you run it fine on LOW without any issues, start increasing slowly the graphics and see where it starts lagging. That's probably going to be the maximum smooth playable result you'll get. Though I doubt that you aren't able to run that game on max without any problems considering your build.

Edited by sack_patrol

The game does connect to the server to update Achievements in Single Player Mode.

Try this:

- Unplug your ethernet cable from your PC

- Launch SC2 and play in Offline mode

- Play the same scenario(s) that has been giving you issues

Just so we can rule that because like you said, your PC is far over powered for what the game needs.