Best 120mm LED fan

Owenisbad

I'm looking for a 120mm red led fan to go on the side of my scout, can anyone recommend me something good? It just needs to have decent cfm and not be too noisy. I had a look at the coolermaster sickleflow but some people are saying they are pretty loud.

I'm looking for a 120mm red led fan to go on the side of my scout, can anyone recommend me something good? It just needs to have decent cfm and not be too noisy. I had a look at the coolermaster sickleflow but some people are saying they are pretty loud.

Id highly recommend the sickleflow fans... At full 2000 RPM, they can be a tad loud, but if you run them at 1000-1400RPM they are really quiet. I have 3 in my computer, and 5 in my brothers, recently put 2 in a buddies computer, and used 2 of them at work(with no LED's). None DoA, mine and my brothers have been running for over a year without even a single issue. And they are whisper quiet if they are on your mobo fan controller or a real fan controller and have their RPM's pulled back a little. Basically to me, i like having to option to turn the fans up during high overclocking sessions. You could buy a fan that really is quiet but only runs at 1200-1500 RPM at max, but then you have no extra air flow when you want/need it.

Thanks for the fast replies, looks like I will be getting the sickleflow then :P

I have two of those noctua fans on my cpu cooler and they are great, just too expensive for a case fan imo.

Thanks for the fast replies, looks like I will be getting the sickleflow then :P

I have two of those noctua fans on my cpu cooler and they are great, just too expensive for a case fan imo.

stupid.gif

Those Noctua are great fans, but they just cost so much! Lol

Can you get coolermaster 140mm Silent LED fans in your case? with a little moding...

Just because they operate at sub 19db and puch 60+ CFM nearly double the 120mm Silent LED at the same sound levels, if anything more quietly.

Can you get coolermaster 140mm Silent LED fans in your case? with a little moding...

Just because they operate at sub 19db and puch 60+ CFM nearly double the 120mm Silent LED at the same sound levels, if anything more quietly.

Already ordered the 120mm, I'd probably have ended up breaking my side window with my modding skills though :lol:

Already ordered the 120mm, I'd probably have ended up breaking my side window with my modding skills though :lol:

Fair enough to be honest I am running 8 120mm silent LED fans in my case purely because i could get 2 packs of them for $11 and a single 140mm cost $12.

But with idle temps of 20-25 and load temps of 40-45 cpu and 50-55 gpu (60+ furmark :erm:) I am pretty happy.

The sickleflows push 69CFM at supposedly 19db. I think its more than 19db, but still thats what they are rated at anyways. I dunno, ive used alot of fans in my life, and i think the CM Sickleflows are some of my favorites ever.

Still nothing beats a little mod to make your computer that much more "yours"! teehee.gif

The sickleflows push 69CFM at supposedly 19db. I think its more than 19db, but still thats what they are rated at anyways. I dunno, ive used alot of fans in my life, and i think the CM Sickleflows are some of my favorites ever.

Still nothing beats a little mod to make your computer that much more "yours"! teehee.gif

They are great but I would agree probably louder I find it funny that newegg says the 140mm silents are 16db 60cfm I would peg them at 19db.

Very true about the mod... probably like this you mean

Stonerboy7791313388093IMG_0391-JPG.jpg

It was a 430 elite....