Apple's new proposed powerhouse

IVIYTH0S

Considering the fact that PC's do billions in sales and hundreds of millions in units per year, its not going away any time soon. Sure numbers will go up and down, but the need for PC's will always been here until something replaces them for good.

PC's aren't dieing. Perhaps pre-built units are taking a hit, now that almost anyone can (and should) be able to assemble a PC. It still amazes me that people give you that look of god-like ability when you tell them you can actually build a PC (come on - it's like playing with funny-shaped Lego).

What manufacturers are really saying, is that there is more margin for them in devices that are eating away at "traditional" PC usage. Well, apart from HP, bucking the trend of course. The company I work for alone has at least 60'000 laptops and desktops, on 5 year replacement cycles. Aint gonna be any time soon they'll catch me bollocking about on a tablet for spreadsheets!

Wow what the hell happened to Extreme Tech!? I remember when they used to be a great site, now they say PC is dead lol wut? Damn near every house hold in the US and many other countries has a tower sitting next to their desk. Is this article a joke? And screw apple, they just make pretty shiny junk with next to no functionality, $1200 for a 2.5ghz quad core and onboard video for the new iMac, what the hell is that .?

iStack Macs? Like this?

PICTURE!

No No No! You're not supposed to show them without their little aluminum casings!! Apple's reputation will be finished!

Edited by IVIYTH0S