6870 overclocking

Tazman167

so i got my 6870 literally yesturday and it was my first upgrade since the 8800GT. I decided i would overclock it to get the most out of it. Right now im running at 1.25 core volts for 1000core and 1200mem. is the core volt over the safe limit? my max temp after running kombuster burn in is 82C. i ran kombuster for 30mins to test stability. i will later be playing crysis for about an hour or 2 to see if its stable in game. i havent overclocked gpu's in a while so am i doing it right? and is what i did safe? thanks in advance.

I'm assuming even under 100c would be safe. The card would prevent any damage with automatic performance throttling if it started to near overheating.

Edited by IVIYTH0S

:bah::P

I remember when I had my 5970 you said to push it to 1000mhz with as much voltage as it needs since 80C is not hot but when he gets one he keeps his stock most of the time and doesnt even reach 5870 clocks :rolleyes:

:lol:

But OP you should just make sure it doesnt go over 90C since that is not where you want to be since ambiant temperature changes can make that go up even further

I remember when I had my 5970 you said to push it to 1000mhz with as much voltage as it needs since 80C is not hot but when he gets one he keeps his stock most of the time and doesnt even reach 5870 clocks :rolleyes:

:lol:

But OP you should just make sure it doesnt go over 90C since that is not where you want to be since ambiant temperature changes can make that go up even further

yeah temps started rising bad when i put more volts so idecided to jst keep it on stock and pick up a 2nd 6870 in a month or so